Another question re bitting, going lighter not stronger??

Quartz

Visit site
Following on from 2 previous posts, one being his rubber bit making the corners of his mouth sore. The second being our jumping problems, my hands and him running from contact.

Changing his bit was suggested, however, I am thinking of going for a more sensitive bit for him rather than stronger, just to see if he is happier. I am looking at a mullen mouth (straight bit) simple, with no rubber coating. Only thing I don't like is they don't seem to have d rings and am worried about it pinching, although I could put the little round covers on (not sure of name in English sorry!!).

Any experiences of the Mullen mouth and could it be a big mistake with young strong horse, but yet takes the contact and runs????

Thanks

Quartz

Visit site
Someone, anyone???? I know its pretty boring, but have spent the evening searching the internet and am just even more lost now!!!!

Am thinking of a NS demi ansky or mullen mouthpiece. For info, he has a short muzzle (confirmed by dentist), the rubber coated bits rub the corners of his mouth and make him sore. Copper sends him nuts, head shaking and no concentration like he just wants to eat the bit. He is very sensitive, but yet strong and leans. Need a nice sensitive bit, that he will listein to and not hate. For jumping (when he runs away from contact), and dressage when he leans on the bit.

Right any help with that would be great, phew!!

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Have you tried a sweet metal bit, they say a lot of horses go in a straight bit, think about trying my youngster in a straight bar, have him in a sweetmetal snaffle at the moment and he seems to like that.

Maddie2412

Visit site
i love my myler solved my horses sore mouth loose ring comfort baucher... really great good breaks but nice and gentle too! x