Another sad post

Merrymoles

Visit site
Sorry to hear this PF - it's a sad day on here today.
I lost my old dog, also called Tess, this time last year so this brought a tear to my eye. Thinking of you

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to cooler days
Visit site
Thanks all. Her field companion, also 34, knew that something was amiss this morning as she went and stood right by her. Normally she would call if Tess was out of sight. She hasn't "said" a word since Tess has gone, animals are so intuitive.

The worst part about today was telling my eldest. He loves all the ponies, initially he was ok and asking loads of questions. Then he just crumpled and sat on my lap sobbing, which of course set me off too.

So many emotions run through your head in times of grief, but ultimately for me I feel relief that Tess is at peace.

Evie91

Visit site
So sorry to hear about Tess. What a wonderful life she must have enjoyed with you. 34 is a fantastic age, she must have been well cared for and well loved. Sorry for your loss, it leaves such a hole in your heart. Take comfort from the fact you were able to give her a dignified end, with minimal suffering and focus on the happy memories you and your children have of her.

fatpiggy

Visit site
So sorry to hear about Tess. What a wonderful life she must have enjoyed with you. 34 is a fantastic age, she must have been well cared for and well loved. Sorry for your loss, it leaves such a hole in your heart. Take comfort from the fact you were able to give her a dignified end, with minimal suffering and focus on the happy memories you and your children have of her.

What a shame but 34 is a fine age by anyone's standards. What a kind old girl to let you know so clearly that her time had come.