Another Season Ends

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
Well that's another season over :( Still all our horses all well and in one piece, but not sure what we will do now at weekends. Only 5 months til we start again :)

JenHunt

Visit site
it's always a bit of a let down to come to the end of a season isn't it?!

the season for OH and I ended about a fortnight ago (owing to a christening and a ski holiday! :D) but there's a possibility of a day or two with a hill pack in a fortnights time if we decide we want to....

Bernster

Visit site
I know! Can't believe it. Started a bit hit and miss for me but I've been out a few more times since Jan. one more outing and then we're done. Horrid thought but I might have to do some actual schooling now. Blurk ;). Roll on lighter days and nicer weather though !

tootsietoo

Visit site
I've already been thinking "only 5 months" too ditchjumper! It's been my first full season in 8 years, and despite the weather I have loved it. It is always a relief to give up the mucking out and tack cleaning for a few months though!

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
What a defeatist attitude! Plenty more hunting to be done before we start again in September! Possible to hunt every weekend of the year with a little creativity and planning!

I've already got a weekend trip to Exmoor pencilled in before the minkhounds start their season at the end of April. If I can sneak away from duties whipping in to the woolly woofers I might get a weekend stag hunting in August or buck hunting in July before the Fitzwilliam re-start first weekend of September.

ExmoorHunter

Visit site
Looking forward to seeing you on Exmoor soon. We have until end of April although currently not going due to freezing ground! Season starts again beginning of August. As you say, you can hunt all year here - Buckhounds continue to June and Minkhounds in summer. It's the religion!:)

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
Looking forward to seeing you on Exmoor soon. We have until end of April although currently not going due to freezing ground! Season starts again beginning of August. As you say, you can hunt all year here - Buckhounds continue to June and Minkhounds in summer. It's the religion!:)

Can't wait! Was down 2 weekends ago for first weekend of spring stags. I can't keep away, which is a bit awkward living literally on the opposite side of the country!

tootsietoo

Visit site
fair point combat claire! I am going to be dragged out mink hunting this summer I think by the lady I got my lurcher from, so looking forward to seeing how they work. and beagling this weekend. I suspect I would be in trouble though if I tried to hunt every weekend. The summer is for making it up to the neglected husband and doing jobs before the onslaught of next winter!

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
Tootsietoo, what pack of woolly woofers are you coming out with? Seem to remember you are East Anglia/SE based and wondering if it will be the mighty Eastern Counties you will be following ;-)

tootsietoo

Visit site
No no, completely the opposite end of the country! Won't be coming anywhere near East Anglia, it's a good 4 hours drive! I can't actually remember the pack which my lurcher lady goes out with but I think it must be the Border Counties. I am told it is a nice stroll by a river for a few hours. No getting wet.....?

PoniesRock

Visit site
I'm gutted the season is coming to an end. I've got one more day out with my pony and that's it then :( its the first season I've hunted her and she's been amazing, and the last few times we've been out she's really cracked it, so would just have of liked another month! On the plus side next season there won't be any of this rubbish about worrying about if she'll cope or not!

I am looking forward to the summer tho, have plenty of horsey plans for then and looking forward to seeing some sunshine!!