another *stay overnight* question - sorry!

Squiggles on Paper

Visit site
We are going to go to Bury Farm Spring SJ Festival for two days but am wondering what would be the better option. Bury Farm is about 45 minutes away from me and I'm doing the first two classes of each day (Monday & Tuesday) so wondering whether it would be less hassle just to stay overnight or go up each morning, I'm just worried that he might get a bit tired as even though the distance isn't too far away its back and forth each day and jumping two classes (although not huge - BN & Disc, then 1m & 1m05) each day. For the monday we are travelling up in the morning early anyway.

Thanks, sorry about this but wanted others opinions as don't want to waste money/time if not needed :)

Squiggles on Paper

Visit site
I'd travel personally as by the time you have packed the lorry to stay away and got set up its not worth it for a night but then I like my own bed!!

we don't have a lorry! we use horse transport and stay in hotels so it would be quite expensive ( :eek: ), so just wanting to see what others think!

Kokopelli

Visit site
Travel both days its cheaper and if your horse is fit it shouldn't be tiring for him. Especially with ehv the less mixing your horse does the better. :)

Angua2

Visit site
I have just seen this post and I have been wrestling with the same sort of dilemma. After looking at all the costs and one or two other things decided it was better for us to travel there and back both days.

It is nice to see that my decision is backed up by some of the responses here

Fuzzypuff

Visit site
Normally I would stable horse overnight there but travel home myself in between. But with EHV about at the moment I'd want to minimise risks as much as possible so would travel both days.