Another what clippers..Moser Artiko or adelar?

Jumbo

Visit site
I need to order some new clippers but I can't work out if the Adelar clippers are the same as the artiko but the charge time is just less. I had the Artiko ones which were stolen before I could use them but I like the idea of a 'totally cordless' clipper. The most I would do is a blanket clip. Has anyone got the Adelar's?

_OC_

Visit site
Me personally prefer my Heiniger Cordless,great clippers...and for someone who had not clipped for alot of years they have allowed me to abuse them abit,there Swiss made and as a college at work said you just can't go wrong.....love 'erm and I'm sure they give alot more clipping time than the 50 minutes stated and recharge quicker than stated to,abit more expensive than what's about at the moment,but,IMHO well worth every penny!

Jumbo

Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I will have another look at the cordless options but I think I will go for the Avalon's again. I dont want to spend loads because I only have one horse. The only other decision is whether to go for the cera or steel blades. I read a few people had problems with the cera ones?

eventrider23

Visit site
The Adelar are the same as the Avalon, just mains and not cordless.
IMO I would go for something slightly more expensive like the Heiniger Cordless (which is only about £50 more depending on where you get it from) This is because the Heiniger is the better and more powerful machine.

If you do go for the Avalon, DO NOT touch the Cera blade. I used to work for a clipper supplier and know that the Cera blade is not worth it's money. It blunts quickly and when you resharpen them the cera coating just comes off, leaving you with a regular steel blade - not worth the extra money you spend on it.

Patches

Visit site
On a couple of sites they say the cera blades are no longer supplied, due to the inability to sharpen them to "as good as when they were first bought", which left customers disappointed with their performance.

Patches

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The Adelar are the same as the Avalon, just mains and not cordless.
IMO I would go for something slightly more expensive like the Heiniger Cordless (which is only about £50 more depending on where you get it from) This is because the Heiniger is the better and more powerful machine.

If you do go for the Avalon, DO NOT touch the Cera blade. I used to work for a clipper supplier and know that the Cera blade is not worth it's money. It blunts quickly and when you resharpen them the cera coating just comes off, leaving you with a regular steel blade - not worth the extra money you spend on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you're mistaken, sorry.

the ARTIKO is the mains version of the AVALON. The adelar is marketed as a trimmer and NOT a clipper.

eventrider23

Visit site
Yes Patches, you're right - sorry - got my names mixed up with all the various Wahl A names.
smile.gif
The Adelar is actually what is known as the Arco in dog clippers (same one in fact just diff name and more expensive). It is marketed as a trimmer but on the right animal would possibly be able to do a bit more than a trim.