Another wwyd..

Dumbo

Visit site
PandorasJar - new farrier is coming out on sunday. A farrier had a look at them today and said he'll sort out eggbar shoes but i think i'm going to see what happens with the one on sunday though.
Considering going barefoot in a few months so already doing research into diet etc.. Should be revising for my A level exams really but too much stress!!

melbiswas

Visit site
I would be very surprised if any damage caused could not be repaired!
My little herd of rug wreckers haven't written off one yet with the usual messing about.
Occasionally lose one to blackthorn in the hedging.

Not a fun 5 months ahead of you I reckon.

cambrica

Visit site
She is an intimidator and a bully. Do not let her or any other person for that matter affect your life in any negative way. Keep your cool, shrug your shoulders and tell her straight that you won't be contributing a penny, then walk away . End of !

Dumbo

Visit site
Name change just in case groom or one of the liveries comes on here, they'd know it was me!

So nervous about going to the yard tomorrow and seeing them all.. hate situations like this ah :eek:

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
So nervous about going to the yard tomorrow and seeing them all.. hate situations like this ah :eek:

These things can always be difficult. But the key is to remain calm and polite at all times.

Tell her that you absolutely understand why she's upset. However, the trouble with group turnout is that there is always the potential for this sort of thing to happen. And on that basis, you are sorry but you won't be replacing, giving, or paying for a rug to be replaced or repaired.

Don't get in to a slanging match with her - just walk away and carry on as normal.

Not easy I know - but doable.

Let us know how you get on.

BarmyC

Visit site
I think you have done enough offering a spare. I have done this for liveries whose rugs have been ripped (not by my horse) so they have something to use for the interim (our gelding herd are constantly ripping each others rugs)

I would politely tell her that that is all you can offer and then show her an internet advert for a cheap rug and suggest that as an alternative to the 100 quid rug that she can't afford at the mo but make sure you tell her you are categorically not buying her one.

Dumbo

Visit site
Ok thanks for the advice. I'm not a confrontational person, infact the complete opposite and a massive push over! Will let you know what happens but my purse will be staying at home!

PandorasJar

Visit site
These things can always be difficult. But the key is to remain calm and polite at all times.

Tell her that you absolutely understand why she's upset. However, the trouble with group turnout is that there is always the potential for this sort of thing to happen. And on that basis, you are sorry but you won't be replacing, giving, or paying for a rug to be replaced or repaired.

Don't get in to a slanging match with her - just walk away and carry on as normal.

Not easy I know - but doable.

Let us know how you get on.

Absolutely agree with this advice.

Does your dad drop off, or wait in car? If he's not off anywhere else I'd ask him to stay with you for the first time or two perhaps? Let it blow over.

my purse will be staying at home!

Good! :)

Dumbo

Visit site
He usually drops me off but i'm planning to get there early so i can turn my horse out for a play in the snow without getting told i can't and doubt my Dad will want to hang around for a couple of hours until anyone turns up.
My mum has said, if they insist i pay then I'll get her on the phone and she'll talk to her so I've got support in case!

Dumbo

Visit site
Quick update..
The woman hasn't said anything about the rug! I was avoiding her yesterday morning but we've been sat chatting most of this morning and she hasn't said anything.
Although, YM says my horse isn't allowed to be turned out with others anymore. He's 13, always lived as part of a herd (for the past 9 years lived with 20 other horses) and never had any problems. He got a bit fresh one day and now has to graze on his own. Doesn't appear bothered but seems a shame!

Also some of you may remember my farrier thread about my horses appaulling hooves. He was shod 3 days after I posted that by the yard farrier but I had to wait until today for the recommended farrier. He didn't think my horses hooves were as bad as I'd made out but the yard farrier had managed to but a back shoe on one of the fronts, the wrong way round (inside out) and then put a shoe the wrong way round on the back. Urgh! Never mind. So, no toe to trim today but he's booked for 4 weeks when my horse will most likely get bar shoes.