Another yard boot thread but need recent opinions!

B_2_B

Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm really struggling to find some yard/work boots for the Winter that will manage what I need them to!
Our fields get very muddy and I'm on my feet all day, so they need to withstand deep mud throughout the day, be fully waterproof for regular hosing off, warm, and not split!!
I have always been a great lover of Muck Boots but my most recent pair has split across the heel after not even 6 months and I can't afford to keep replacing them that often at the price they are, especially when they used to last years. I don't mind paying more but I need to be sure they will last, so I would rather have a cheaper pair for now I think.

Many of the major brands seem to have gone the same way with their quality so I'm looking for some recent recommendations :)

DirectorFury

Visit site
I'm a 5.5 in Ariats, 6.5 in Nike trainers and 6 in most other brands so I'd go up half a size from your day-to-day footwear, or up a full size if you have Ariats.

View

Visit site
If you liked the original Muck Boots before the quality plummeted, try Grubbs Frostline. My pair is now 15 months old, but still looks like new every time I hose them clean. Warm, waterproof and comfortable.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
How smart do you want them to look? :p

I use dunlop puroforts which from the rubber construction are apparently protective to -20C! though they do thermo ones too. They don't have much foot construction so I use a pair of superfeet insoles in them then it feels like I am walking in my ariats/old hunters. I've not managed to stab through them with a pitchfork either.

Jasper151

Visit site
I absolutely love my Aigle Pancour wellies. Was in them for 12 hours yesterday and walked around 20 miles, warm and toasty, good grip in the mud and so comfy.

pippixox

Visit site
My husband bought me ariats for my birthday in may. Other than when it was really hot, I have worn them everyday at the yard for a few hours, lots of walking and dog walks. sooooo comfortable and warm without overheating and look nice too (when I clean them!) expensive but quality

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
see I tried the ariats and found them really heavy and as such didn't think I could lug them around on my feet all day.

Snitch

Visit site
Eagerly watching this thread! I am sick of buying wellies that leak. Last pair lasted 2 weeks and 3 days. Opted for cheap pair yesterday but I’m not holding my breath re: longevity......

AFB

Visit site
I bought a pair of North Face snow boots for walking the dog in and they're the best boots I've ever owned, so I now live in them inc. all my time at the yard except for riding.

They're waterproof to ankle height

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Decathlon thermal fishing wellies! Now on their third winter! Thermal lined and so comfy, I wear then from 7.30am till 10am, walk dogs at lunchtime in them and then wear again from 2.30 till around 4pm.
No cracks or splits, always waterproof and so comfy. Think they were £22 three years ago