Anti-barking measures - any good ones?

Gingernags

Visit site
My Dad is threatening to get rid of our 2 whippets because they bare driving him mad barking. When we just had one it was fine, but now we have the puppy (about 10 months old) they go beserk, expecially the puppy.

Do any of these anti-bark collars actually work? I think she'll grow out of it as she grows up and stops being so mental, but at this rate I think she might not reach full grown, or not in that house!

Need help!

rrose

Visit site
the spray collars do. my mate used one on her dog everytime her dog barked it sprayed. it did not do it again, and she sold the collar on. its still working.

i used one at agility as my dog used to run around as he enjoyed him self, used the collar once and he stayed focused.

so i would get one on trial if you can.
grin.gif
good luck.

Maislow

Visit site
My terrier had a British dog delux static shock one & yes it works. He now only has to have the collar put on but not actually switched on

emma69

Visit site
we were told to try a coke can filled with gravel - it's at a pitch they don't like, and after the dog had made the association, the can only had to sit on the table for him not to bark. Simple, but effective

KJJ

Visit site
Heard the same, infact my ex's parents used a plastic bottle with gravel in... and all they had to do was shack it and the dog actually used to get quite frightened but would respect that the barking should stop.. she soon stopped the barking and the bottle got chucked away.