Anxiety in new horse.

Leezle279

New User
Visit site
Hi, I’ve just bought a seven yr old thoroughbred who was calm as you like on trial (at own yard) but once home he has became very nervous. Generally whooshing about when in his stable, stamping and rushing round when tied up and yesterday spinning and prancing/running backwards when ridden. So much so that my daughter jumped off in fear (she’s not a nervous rider usually). As soon as I arrived minutes later he was calm and followed me around like a lamb doing everything he wouldn’t for her before. Is it possible he’s just suffering anxiety from the move and has bonded with me only? He is my horse so that’s ok but I’m worried he might get worse and what can I do to help him settle like he was before. Any advice would be greatly received ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
You'd be better off putting this in Tack Room, hardly anyone reads the regional boards.

The horse probably needs time to settle, how long have you had him?

Leezle279

New User
Visit site
You'd be better off putting this in Tack Room, hardly anyone reads the regional boards.

The horse probably needs time to settle, how long have you had him?
Hi, I’ll post again. I thought I had posted it there lol.
move had him three weeks but he’s been turned out with the herd to mix as there’s no one else in atm.