Anxious ! Am I normal ?

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
I lost my gorgeous PRT at only 4 years old last month due to hemolytic anaemia ~ it broke my heart ~ loved her so much (the one in my signature). She was never hugely healthy from the start and suffered from epilepy too. We were at the vets constantly and did everything we possibly could for her.

Felt so lost that I have just got a new PRT pup (10 weeks). She is lovely and is certainly helping my broken heart. I am feeling overly protective of her and keep thinking something awful is going to happen happen. My imagination runs riot and I check her constantly when she's in her crate asleep.

Is this normal ?? Feeling very freakish right now !!

kibob

Visit site

I would say it is very normal considering the heartache you went through with your first pup
frown.gif

However, I am sure nothing awful is going to happen
smirk.gif
Try to relax and enjoy your wee pup, spend time taking lots of photos to post on here
smile.gif

MurphysMinder

Visit site
So sorry to hear about your little dog. I think it is perfectly normal for you to be anxious about your new baby. I am sure as time goes on you will relax more. If she is anything like my pup you will be too exhausted by her antics to have time to feel anxious.
smile.gif

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
I can understand why your concerned but give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure you will be wishing your new puppy would actually go to sleep so you could get some sleep too! When my dog was a puppy he used to go to sleep at about 11pm and wake up bright as a button at about 5.30/6 am everyday until he was about 2!!

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
Yes she does just that ! I am getting about 5 hours sleep each day but she is SOOO worth it !! Thanks guys ~ it makes me feel like I'm not completely neurotic ! xx p.s. This is my puppy

URL=http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2032957750052366229myAxDP]
2032957750052366229S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL]

I know I'm biased but she is gorgeous !! xx

vanessahook

Visit site
Thank you for your kind words on my thread and what a gorgeous little one you have here!!!
Don't worry about your anxiety, its perfectly normal in the circumstances, i think we would all like to protect ourselves from heartbreak but if we did that none of us would have and love animals!!
Just love the new little one like you did Pebbles and the rset will take care of itself.
Good luck.