any 1 no where i can advertise young dog for rehoming

kylee86

Visit site
hi i have a 10month old labx that needs to find a new home due to me being in hospital for the last 5weeks and being diagnosed with m.s unfortunatly i just cnt cope with a young dog at the moment, he is such a sweet dog and its heartbreaking to have to let him go. i was hoping some one could point me in the right direction in helping him find a forever happy home as he would not cope in a kennel enviroment as he is so timid in busy places as we are in the countrside on a farm so he doesnt see traffic or crowds of people he is great with other dogs and children. just timid with people he doesnt no

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I'd see if you can list him with a smaller or private rescue or Labrador rescue, and either get him into foster or ideally rehome him straight from your home to his new home with no kennelling as mentioned...hopefully someone from round your way will be able to help on here x

kylee86

Visit site
So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Will the breeder take him back? I know the person I got my lab puppy from said she would if I every couldn't keep her. Hope you find somewhere for him. xx

no breeder wouldnt take him back. i have emailed afew small rescue centres still waiting to hear from them

millimoo

Visit site
Sorry about my post, on iPhone and seem to have lost my ability to type a coherant sentence.
Anyway, I'm sure they could help, and your dog has the best chance being so young etc - hope you get sorted x

satinbaze

Visit site
go to www.agilitynet.co.uk they have a rescue section, especially usefulfor young dogs that need a job such as agility or obedience. Battersea and other rescues use the site for active young dogs, but private individuals post too.
Good luck

funkychicken

New User
Visit site
Would he manage in a town? We lost our rescue dog 2 weeks ago and are sort of looking for another dog (don't tell my husband!). I'm in Matlock.

kylee86

Visit site
Would he manage in a town? We lost our rescue dog 2 weeks ago and are sort of looking for another dog (don't tell my husband!). I'm in Matlock.

to be honnest i dont no how he would be he is young aand would get used to new things. we are completely in the countryside with 100s of acres of woodland fields and lakes. he is just very timid with people he doesnt no. once he sees some one a couple of times hes fine. at home with us hes a different dog loves attention aand loves to play with you. you are more than welcome to come and see him. if you are interested please contact me on 07885728630

funkychicken

New User
Visit site
Need to work on my husband a bit as he wants to wait a while and I don't! Will contact you if things change -sorry can't be more help at the moment.

CAYLA

Visit site
hi i have a 10month old labx that needs to find a new home due to me being in hospital for the last 5weeks and being diagnosed with m.s unfortunatly i just cnt cope with a young dog at the moment, he is such a sweet dog and its heartbreaking to have to let him go. i was hoping some one could point me in the right direction in helping him find a forever happy home as he would not cope in a kennel enviroment as he is so timid in busy places as we are in the countrside on a farm so he doesnt see traffic or crowds of people he is great with other dogs and children. just timid with people he doesnt no

A few tips to safe guard him
Make sure he is chipped before he goes and don not transfer it until you are happy he is settled in his new home (months down the line if need be) this will alert you if he is passed on or sold (very common) when free dogs are given away.
Neuter him and vaccinate him and charge a small donation for him/state donation in your add, anyone will take a FREE dog just for the sake of it, it takes a little more responsibility to pay out a small sum and if he is neutered, chipped and vaccinated there is no reason for someone not to pay a fee for him, it will cost them to do these things.
State home check to be carried out and go visit his new home and have a lengthy chat and check the garden is secure and ask questions and make yourself "back up" so if he needs to be returned make it clear you will take him back (stop him being passed around) try a local rescue and if they don't have room they may feature him on their website (we do this all the time) to help people and we home check for them too.

Try a poster in your vets with a picture and all the details outlined above.