Any advice scabs?

indie999

Visit site
My dog has scabby areas that are raised on his flanks, legs and chest (a couple on his neck area)they are not bald but he scratches. They are not ticks, I can pick the scab off and its very soft if I squash it like a scab with a pin prick, I cannot see anything moving(I even looked under a microscope at a scab). Recently I front lined him, flea shampood him and then put it down to central heating. I even bathed him in Oilatum in case his coat was dry.

I will take him to the vet but I just am wondering if anyone has any idea? Am thinking some kind of mite. It looks a bit like harvest mites in my dog?

He probably has about 10 areas altogether.Thanks

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I would be concerned it was mange, one of my Lancashire Heelers got it years ago, vet said she has probaley brushed against a bush or post that a mangey fox had done prior.

indie999

Visit site
Ah thanks very much, he does roll on wherever a fox wees and we do have plenty of those around. Plus we do walk in fields etc. I thought mange so I will take him to the vet!

But I just looked up the other suggestion Cheyletiella mites and one of the pics looks like what I saw under a microscope. So I think that may be it as well(dont I sound very unknowledgeable). Great I will sort it ou. Thank you very much.