any american quarter horse owners on here

Malibu_Stacy

Visit site
I realise this post is super old but I've been doing some research for a family member and came across this forum. Ralwin Poteen is the offspring of zero depth charge and continental hope who was my mum's horse. Charger is of the depth charge bloodline and hopes grandfather was continental king. Original aqha bloodlines :)

OMG, I don’t care that this is a zombie thread, that’s amazing! Do you/your mum have any photos of them? Or even photos of Stacy - as I’ve always known her - as a foal?

I still have her, though at 27 she is now retired and happily spends her days mooching round the field with a companion pony and my welsh cob.

Plus, always been curious, where did the name Ralwin Poteen come from?

TPO

Visit site
I lost my QH mare last year. She was Carryon Jaguars Lady (AQHA UK Supreme Halter Champ in 1994!) by Carryon Bonaza out of Lady Lisa; if I've remembered correctly.

I love your horses, one day I will finally buy one instead of just drooling over them!! Always had a soft spot for Muffin offspring and ZZ is just lovely; can't wait to see how his babies turn out :)

...and now I have a gelding by ZZ Hoss.

I do not recommend the stud at all after the malnourished condition my then 2yr old was in but he's grown into a lovely horse

JFTDWS

Visit site
Is that a self description or for the racehorse thread?

Neither, but I bloody hope someone's registered a QH as Thick n Juicy Thunder Thighs this spring. If they haven't, I'll have to get Carrot to squeeze one out to be named.

91457368_120807346225366_3361939441114415104_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/brokenhors...8921677413933/120805902892177/?type=3&theater

Noon89

New User
Visit site
OMG, I don’t care that this is a zombie thread, that’s amazing! Do you/your mum have any photos of them? Or even photos of Stacy - as I’ve always known her - as a foal?

I still have her, though at 27 she is now retired and happily spends her days mooching round the field with a companion pony and my welsh cob.

Plus, always been curious, where did the name Ralwin Poteen come from?

Hello! I'm pretty sure we had photos of all Hopes babys, we used to go visit them when they were born! I don't remember one of their names as Stacy, I'll see if mum does. I'm stuck a couple hundred miles away from mum due to this lockdown, if I manage to find any photos I'll message you :) I'll ask about the ralwin bit too

Malibu_Stacy

Visit site
Hello! I'm pretty sure we had photos of all Hopes babys, we used to go visit them when they were born! I don't remember one of their names as Stacy, I'll see if mum does. I'm stuck a couple hundred miles away from mum due to this lockdown, if I manage to find any photos I'll message you :) I'll ask about the ralwin bit too
That’d be amazing! I’m fairly certain that the name Stacy came from the owner but one before me (who I think got her as a 2yo?). There was a bit of drama over her transferral from that owner to her previous owner however so I’m remembering casual conversations from over 15 years ago here. I then loaned her from the people who rehomed/ rescued her then took ownership about a decade ago when their circumstances changed due to illness. She has a home for life with me :)

She has a fairly distinctive blaze that narrows to more of a stripe then widens to a star. This was in the snow a year or so ago:
487D1523-B8DC-4F5B-8262-F469CC0B0AAE.jpeg