Any good DO NOT FEED / TOUCH THE HORSES signs out there?

Ernest Doodles

Visit site
In light of a number of horses reported to have either died or, become very ill during COVID-19 because they've been fed something they should not have eaten by the general public, are there any signs out there that stand out from the norm?

I'm worried that too many non-horse-aware people are walking across our paddocks and tempted to feed the horses something that could cause them harm or, kill them.

Thanks

doodle

Visit site
Minto had laminitis and was in box rest. Unfortunately his stable was basically on the road. I found picked grass at his door. I put up a nice sign saying please don’t feed. That didn’t work(nasty entitled person saying my darling child cannot feed her horse a little bit of grass). So I put up “this horse is ill. If you feed him ANYTHING you WILL kill him”. Thankfully that worked!

Ernest Doodles

Visit site
Minto had laminitis and was in box rest. Unfortunately his stable was basically on the road. I found picked grass at his door. I put up a nice sign saying please don’t feed. That didn’t work(nasty entitled person saying my darling child cannot feed her horse a little bit of grass). So I put up “this horse is ill. If you feed him ANYTHING you WILL kill him”. Thankfully that worked!

This is what I worry about, regards 'usual' signs or those even, that do diatribes about welfare issues without giving incentive the anyone to actually read them. People just can't be arsed to read them if there's more then 3 words involved :mad: Apparently, it's easier just to ignore and, feed bread, ham sandwiches or whatever instead :mad: I think explaining (without turning it into a novel) why they shouldn't be fed is a good thing. But, it's finding the fine balance to make them take notice whilst giving a reason why they really shouldn't, at the same time. So glad your sign worked :) I shall bare this in mind :)

Ernest Doodles

Visit site
Nothing works. Self entitles pricks and their spoilt little crotch dropplings do as they please regardless.

I'd like to hope there is something out there that does actually work :oops: Alas, the conventional ones don't - as tried and tested in 'normal' times, let alone in 'these' times. :( Foot passage and potential horse interferences has quadrupaled where I am :( Worry times ... very worrying, indeed :(

Ernest Doodles

Visit site

I put something similar to these up the field a few years ago. Right by the style so, no excuses about not seeing it. Didn't stop anyone. They claimed they hadn't seen it. **Sigh** (Same with the 'keep your dogs under strict control' signs.)

I need something more attention grabbing. Something to lure the unsuspecting public into actually reading it. And, maybe get a little bit more educated about equine welfare at the same time ;)

Someone posted a link to some signs further up this page which looks promising … :)

Ernest Doodles

Visit site
Copy any designs or design your own onto VINYL paper on your printer

Alas, I'm in need of ideas of what to design, that might be effective.

Not sure about copying designs and printing them off myself. Isn't the copying of designs of someone else's work or ideas; plagiarism??? Don't want to get into trouble.

Ernest Doodles

Visit site
I know this isn't the point but the grammatical errors on these would drive me crazy.

Maybe you should educate the producers of these signs by contacting them to re-educate them in English grammar when it comes to limerick poetry writing. I'm sure they'd appreciate your professional input to improve their signage ;) x

Apercrumbie

Visit site
I had the idea of making my own sign with a picture of our mini shetland looking particularly cute to draw attention to it. As many on here know, it is such a fine line between managing laminitis and not, and treats that I don't know about could be what tips him over the edge.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Maybe you should educate the producers of these signs by contacting them to re-educate them in English grammar when it comes to limerick poetry writing. I'm sure they'd appreciate your professional input to improve their signage ;) x

I certainly hope they would it really doesn't look professional to confuse plurals with possessives.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
In light of a number of horses reported to have either died or, become very ill during COVID-19 because they've been fed something they should not have eaten by the general public, are there any signs out there that stand out from the norm?

I'm worried that too many non-horse-aware people are walking across our paddocks and tempted to feed the horses something that could cause them harm or, kill them.

Thanks
I have this one https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCICypdvxye8CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAK and just been sent the 2nd one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Please-fee...t=&hvlocphy=9046070&hvtargid=pla-905397369300
but like this one too

sorry its so big

1616621879707.png

but look opn google here there are many https://www.google.com/search?q=DON...BAgaEAE&biw=1894&bih=917#imgrc=RxFOHUiqc-wzSM

Annagain

Visit site
:D Get you. So long as you do contact them and suggest alterations to grammar in a professional manner rather than just slagging them off .... then good for you. :)

Nobody has slagged them off, I merely said the grammatical errors would drive me crazy. There are plenty of people out there who don’t care about that and would happily buy those signs.