Any good DO NOT FEED / TOUCH THE HORSES signs out there?

Ernest Doodles

Visit site
Nobody has slagged them off, I merely said the grammatical errors would drive me crazy. There are plenty of people out there who don’t care about that and would happily buy those signs.

So you personally don't like the use of artistic licence over the conventions of grammar in order to put an important message across through rhyme. That's fine but, why did you feel so compelled to make a comment to that effect on here? I was asking for recommendations, not pet hates. If you'd nothing to recommend then, there simply wasn't a need to comment at all.

I did actually buy some of those signs, with very positive results. They create a fantastic opening for the public to start chatting to me about my horses, their health issues and general horse management. It usually starts with "Love those poetry signs ... so what is Laminitis exactly?" (or, whatever).

Stealth feeding has reduced dramatically since June because the footpath users are now better educated on the rudimentaries of equine management. With my horses at least. I still get the odd one that ignores everything though, even my verbal protestations when I catch them at it, because they think they know best. But, that will always be the case where the public have access to horses, unfortunately.

Annagain

Visit site
So you personally don't like the use of artistic licence over the conventions of grammar in order to put an important message across through rhyme. That's fine but, why did you feel so compelled to make a comment to that effect on here? I was asking for recommendations, not pet hates. If you'd nothing to recommend then, there simply wasn't a need to comment at all.

I did actually buy some of those signs, with very positive results. They create a fantastic opening for the public to start chatting to me about my horses, their health issues and general horse management. It usually starts with "Love those poetry signs ... so what is Laminitis exactly?" (or, whatever).

Stealth feeding has reduced dramatically since June because the footpath users are now better educated on the rudimentaries of equine management. With my horses at least. I still get the odd one that ignores everything though, even my verbal protestations when I catch them at it, because they think they know best. But, that will always be the case where the public have access to horses, unfortunately.

It has nothing to do with artistic licence. Correcting the grammar would not affect the rhyme or the rhythm of the poem but might make more people more likely to buy the signs. They haven't made a decision to change something to make it fit, they've just got it wrong. I commented on the grammar because you asked for good signs and I believe the grammatical errors prevent it being a good sign. Plenty of others don't, including you, and that's fine, but it doesn't make my opinion less valid.

ETA - in fact, judging by CP's photo above they have corrected the errors now and the poem has not been affected in the slightest.

Ernest Doodles

Visit site
ETA - in fact, judging by CP's photo above they have corrected the errors now and the poem has not been affected in the slightest.

ILoveCowParsley's sign sample reads exactly the same as the one I've had in my paddocks for the past seven months or so. So not sure what's changed!!? :oops:

JulesRules

Visit site