Any Greenwich Gamesmakers here?

abbijay

Visit site
For those working at the Paras, make sure you take a sandwich with you as you may not always get a meal break. I have just worked at Greenwich & we had several days where we had no breaks in 8 hours! I was an Operations Steward & then worked in the stables for two days (which was better managed). Make sure that you don't get dumped on by those volunteers that are only there to watch the action & make sure you are treated fairly.
I am hoping the new team at the Paras will be better and will look after us properly. I am on "field of play" at the paras & I am really looking forward to it. I can't believe I am sooooo lucky to have been given this post. Is anyone else back of house at the Paras?

Ooh, were you morning or afternoon in the stables? We may have met... I have to say although our job was physically hard we did get the chance to take all our meal breaks and take any other stops we needed.
I'm not working the Paras but I do have my seats up front for several sessions so I'll be about!

SpruceRI

Visit site
Dear all past Gamesmakers:

Thank you for making the whole Olympic experience wonderful, friendly and happy

And for future (para) Gamesmakers - have fun and I wish I had tickets!!! lol

dsykes

Visit site
I'm at Greenwich for the Paras , 31st Aug - 4th Sept . Got VST Fri 24th 10am ( Reggie Perrin , see you there ? Maybe I'll carry a horsey mag )
Luckily managed to get accommodation , 2 short bus journeys or one long walk away . Had a look at tfl site , but not knowing the area couldn't fathom it out ( I'm oop North in Lancashire ) Will probably do some research this Friday .
Thanks for the info re breaks - anything else you Gamesmakers can tell us ? Did you all travel to the venue in uniform ? Are there really no changing / cloak facilities ?

Xander

Visit site
I'm at Greenwich for the Paras , 31st Aug - 4th Sept . Got VST Fri 24th 10am ( Reggie Perrin , see you there ? Maybe I'll carry a horsey mag )
Luckily managed to get accommodation , 2 short bus journeys or one long walk away . Had a look at tfl site , but not knowing the area couldn't fathom it out ( I'm oop North in Lancashire ) Will probably do some research this Friday .
Thanks for the info re breaks - anything else you Gamesmakers can tell us ? Did you all travel to the venue in uniform ? Are there really no changing / cloak facilities ?

I suppose you could get changed in the Ladies toilets but there really is nowhere to leave your stuff. I'd wear your uniform to work if I were you - everyone I know did. You might be able to fit a spare t-shirt in your games maker bag if you plan on going out after work (although there really is no requirement to change).
Also - please remember the "airport-style" security restrictions apply to everyone at the venue. Don't take expensive aerosol perfumes (glass not allowed) or spray deodorants (flammable), nail files, scissors etc. as they may get confiscated. No liquids or gels over 100ml. When I was there the workforce check-in area had free bottles of water and sun screen, so don't worry about that.
Hope you enjoy a great experience and if there's anything else you want to know just ask.