Any grooms on here?

M_G

Visit site
I had some help when I was poorly to look after my 2 horses and to ride my youngster, I am trying to claim my expenses back from my insurance company (NFU but not horse side) and they are saying the cost should be £11 per day not per horse but a total of £11 per day full stop.

What do you grooms charge daily rate please for the below service

Horse 1 muck out (bedded on wood pellets) change rug, feed, groom 2x daily (7 days a week)

Horse 2 muck out (bedded on wood pellets) change rug, feed, groom 2x daily & ride for one hour daily alternating between schooling (flatwork) & hacking (seven days a week)

Plus poo picking the field daily (I am anal about poo picking) this is no more than I do on a daily basis.

clydesdale

Visit site
When people go on holiday and I look after there horse i charge £20 a day for the first horse and £15 a day for second horse riding for each hour is £10 extra a day :)

clydesdale

Visit site
Some people may charge less then me but i dont think you will find anyone willing to do one horse for £11 a day let alone 2 horses bless you.

M_G

Visit site
Some people may charge less then me but i dont think you will find anyone willing to do one horse for £11 a day let alone 2 horses bless you.

I know, I would love to live in the insurance company's world.. for £11 a day I would stay in bed in the winter lol... I think your rate is very very reasonable Clydesdale (some may say right bargain) xx

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
even at minimum wage and not considering travel, it's about 3 hours a day, which is a tad more than £11 :) Any freelance groom will charge you at least £10 ph, possibly more for riding. I know I wouldn't leave the house for £11 a day, unless I was helping out a friend.

M_G

Visit site
even at minimum wage and not considering travel, it's about 3 hours a day, which is a tad more than £11 :) Any freelance groom will charge you at least £10 ph, possibly more for riding. I know I wouldn't leave the house for £11 a day, unless I was helping out a friend.

I am trying to prove just this to the insurance company £11 a day is what I would expect to pay for twice weekly poo picking

boobear

Visit site
I used to charge £10 perday per horse for muckout, (shavings) turnout and bring in, change rugs, pick feet out, hay and hard feed.

And £15 to ride / lunge for 45 mins

I wouldn't get out of bed for any less:)

And poopicking ?? mmmm my pet hate so it would cost extra :)

HardySoul1

Visit site
Why not get price list from diy livery yard that offers extras? They should have most of your jobs priced up, and a business may convince your insurance company.more easily than freelance individuals, no matter how good they are.