Any ideas what this could be? (pics)

_Libby_

Visit site
Also posted in vets but thought more people would view here.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Its appeared on my mares fetlock over the past day, its hard and doesnt seem to be causing pain.

Photo0099.jpg

_Libby_

Visit site
QR- its quite a well defined round ball so dont think its a rub. I've also seen warble before and it was alot harder than this. I thought of a sarcoid too although the one's I have seen have always been more flat, they like to keep us worrying.

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
Warbles are generally on the back. Also are notifiable so if you are really concerned about that get the vet out! (but its highly unlikely as in theory they are irradicated from teh uk)

It could be a cyst or wart are the most likely I would think.
Id leave it a bit and see if it changes size or shape, so long as its not causing any problems just leave it alone
it may go, or it may get bigger, any worsening changes or it staying longer than ud like id get the vet out for a prod!
smile.gif

cptrayes

Visit site
Sarcoids come in round lumps too. It looks exactly like one but it would not have appeared overnight.

Beware if you tie it off. If it is a sarcoid it will most likely have a root which extends beyond the tie-off and you might end up with a sizeable hole with sarcoid tissue still in place and ready to move quickly to refill the hole. I have treated two succesfully but I had to use copper sulphate to burn the hole even deeper to get rid of the last sarcoid material. Then more again later to burn off the granulation tissue that stopped the hole closing properly. It's not a job for the fainthearted!

alfirules

Visit site
It just looks like a wart to me, My pony had one similar once, i used Hilton Herbs Ditton cream and Hilton Herbs Equiimmune (sp) and it went away.