Any info about my horses parents

twilight01

Visit site
Hi I have a rising 4 year old by hillviewfarm superstar out of my dolly diamond both full Irish draughts. I'm looking for info on temperament height etc. I have a little on the sire but can't find anything on the dam. Many thanks

twilight01

Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply., yes I bought mine from Ireland. I've found the dam on one record but doesnt say a lot and that was the sale of foal previous year to mine and her grading but no sizes info and just wanting some info about them and what they are like and trying to estimate final height as mines big already eeekkk!!

cumbriamax

Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply., yes I bought mine from Ireland. I've found the dam on one record but doesnt say a lot and that was the sale of foal previous year to mine and her grading but no sizes info and just wanting some info about them and what they are like and trying to estimate final height as mines big already eeekkk!!

There's one thing missing so far and that's pictures of this lovely sounding horse. ?

Don't know anything more about the mare side but Superstar's breeder Vicky Matthews might be able to help with sires side and might be able to put you in touch with the owner, it's possible she's kept up with him since selling him. Vicky Matthews has been quite a prominent figure within the Irish Draught society for years now and I'm sure email/contact details will be easy enough to find.

cumbriamax

Visit site
The sites breeding can be seen by googling his name, details are on the sporthorse-data page

I would imagine that the breeding will be recorded in the horses documents, I thought it was info about temperament and stamp of horse that the OP was after but I could be wrong I often am?

Funnily enough there is a thread running in the Breeding forum where a poster has uploaded some photos of Hill View Farm Superstar.

cumbriamax

Visit site
Hi yes I have breeding history in passport is more info about them and what they are like I'm after if possible.

Picture below

I've tagged you in a post in the breeding section of the forum about stallions in Ireland. A poster has uploaded photos of Hill View Farm Superstar on that thread as she has stock by him.

Stunning horse BTW.

Kaylum

Visit site
So Slyguff Hero the only full brother to the King of Diamonds. He was the sire of our stallion. Perfect temperament.

Had a couple of Lennox mares from the Beeston stud which were sired by Parnell.

Nice lines all the way through I would say.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
My Dolly Diamond has had 8 foals, only one by Superstar. She is by Drumrii, who I have a full sister to (Drumbar Pride) Drumbar Pride I originally bought as a hunt horse for my husband - and she was a VERY good hunter. 16.3, up to weight, a good jumper, and good as a Master's horse as she would go front or back, and go off alone when needed. When he gave up hunting, Drumbar Pride came back to me as a brood mare. And her 2015 filly looks VERY like your filly, Violet! She's the grey - taken as a 3yo just before Grading - she graded Class 1. She was by my old boy, Lady's Tralee Raj. She had a slightly short neck and a slightly straight shoulder. But her movement and temperament couldn't be faulted. The chestnut is Drumbar Pride.

Drum-pride-1.jpgDestiny=ls.jpg

Spottyappy

Visit site
My daughters mare is bY Hillviewfarm Superstar. She is a grade 1 rid.
Her temperament is great on the ground, but she is very, very quirky to ride. Incredibly talented, but has put many a decent rider down if she doesn’t like them. My daughter mainly does BS with her, but she will turn her hoof to anything and is utterly bombproof.

Violet

Visit site
I think you'll find it is just the Australian ID society listing the registrations from the Irish register.
Her unnamed 2020 bay colt by Sonrise Genesis was bred by Thomas Lynch, Cavan, Ireland.

cumbriamax

Visit site
It looks like he has been in the UK but is/has been for sale, don't know if stud advert has been updated;
Sonrise Genesis - Bell Tower Stud (weebly.com)
Perhaps AI has been used? He has got a lot of progeny born in Ireland 2019 & 2020. Interestingly it says born 2008 on IHR but 2003 on the stud advert.

Interesting. Thank you for that info. I'm sure he was born in US and brought to UK by Tony Phillips. I wondered where he had gone as he disappeared off the Idhs Gb stallion listing. I always liked his bloodlines being a King of Diamonds outcross.

twilight01

Visit site
My Dolly Diamond has had 8 foals, only one by Superstar. She is by Drumrii, who I have a full sister to (Drumbar Pride) Drumbar Pride I originally bought as a hunt horse for my husband - and she was a VERY good hunter. 16.3, up to weight, a good jumper, and good as a Master's horse as she would go front or back, and go off alone when needed. When he gave up hunting, Drumbar Pride came back to me as a brood mare. And her 2015 filly looks VERY like your filly, Violet! She's the grey - taken as a 3yo just before Grading - she graded Class 1. She was by my old boy, Lady's Tralee Raj. She had a slightly short neck and a slightly straight shoulder. But her movement and temperament couldn't be faulted. The chestnut is Drumbar Pride.

View attachment 62494View attachment 62495
Thank you