Any info on "Porter" who is/was a Stallion?

Kinks3

Visit site
I have just bought a horse who is by a stallion named Porter - i have tried searching for info and pics but without any luck, i would be really grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction, many thanks

Partoow

Visit site
I rode him as a four year old at Straloch and did his first competitions. He was one of my favourite horses to work with.
We won the young dressage horse class at the Dietsman dressage festival.
He is actually jumping bred with the very famous Pilot on his sire line but , if I remember rightly , G line dam which is quite dressage.
For a Bavarian Wb he was quite modern in type.
Lovely to know he is still well!!!
I had a super colt foal by him who was champion foal at the Bavarian show.

adamntitch

Visit site
have spoken to dee and shes asked if you can contact her directly please as shes excited to know if it is one of his thanks

Kinks3

Visit site
hi guys thanks for your input, unfortunately ive looked at my mare's passport and bloodlines online and theres no mention of pilot, i also spoke to dee and she said going by the age of my mare it is unlikely her Porter is my mare's sire :-( my mare's passport name is "porters princess lch" her sire "porter lch" looking at her bloodlines they include concorde and calvados ... if anyone has anymore ideas id be very grateful

Last edited:

crabbymare

Visit site
How old is your mare and what was the sire of the porter thats in her passport? I remember a dutch bred stallion called porter and I'm sure there was another one but am racking my brains trying to remember what studbook it came from.

LittleBlackMule

Visit site
This is the address of the stud where Porter LCH is/was based (don't know if he is still around) but you might have to brush up on your Dutch if you choose to contact them!

Kinks3

Visit site
Porter LCH as i have come to find out is jumped abroad by young professional rider called jolien van turnhout i managed to find some pics of he and her jumping but it would be lovely to see some 'proper' photos as the pics were very small action ones, yes i had found out thank you that saffie has a daughter called eleanor lch thats very kind of you to have provided the link, thankfully the dutch stud website has an english translation button lol, i hope one day i might come across her daughter and maybe her brother may crop up somewhere, many thanks for everyones input much appreciated i would love to know more about Porter LCH, saffs passport is with the anglo european studbook her sire is Porter LCH and her dam Ushi, Porter LCH's sire was concorde and Ushi's sire Calvados xx