Any knowledgable welsh breeding people on here?

Alfie&Milo

Visit site
I would love to find out more about my 6yr old welsh mare or any of her breeding. She has an Oakleyvaile prefix and was bred by a Kim Rendle in Plymouth then going to Bristol and her breeding is -

Sire - Gellifach Dafydd Du
Dam - Llamidam Gracious
Sire of dam - Fronarth Gwalch

If anyone knows anything about any of these names I'd be very grateful :)

Ps. I know this is a very long shot :)

trick123

Visit site
the sire was linked to the rainhill stud in reading, he is by gellifach ap dafydd, who was by derwen railway express out of gellifach megan, the dam was degla catrin who has no further recorded breeding

Last edited:

trick123

Visit site
fronarth gwalch is a very well bred sec c, are you sure the dam's name is spelt correctly? should it be llandinam? i bet you have a lovely horse

Cluny

Visit site
I certainly know Derwen Railway Express as we bought my section D from Ifor at the Derwen Stud many years ago and I got to meet some of the stallions there.

Railway Express really stuck in my mind because he had the most wonderful temperament and I was allowed in the stable with him and he gently nibbled the buttons on my jacket. He was jet black and around 14.2. His was the complete opposite to Ifor's other stallion Derwen Replica who breathed fire and was not such a nice chap!

merlyn26

www.dantonastud.co.uk
hi, i am said oaklyvaile pb owner! lol! cheers wendy ;) i actually used to live next door to where kim kept her horses - hence buying a cob mare off her and the mares first foal (my arab x cob pb) they are however not related to your mare, and im afraid i dont recognise any of those ponies names from when i used to live there so they must be newer additions to the broodys and stallys i knew. i dont supose you have a telephone number for kim...or anyone else reading this thread does as i lost it years ago and would love to get back in contact with her to let her know about all the wonderful things my pb has achieved over the years. have you got any pics of your sec c - i'd love to see them as i now breed sec c's myself :)

Alfie&Milo

Visit site
Hiya, so sorry i've only just found all your replies! I posted this thread a while ago and didn't really get any response or notifications and it has never notified me since! Ooh thank you very much for the breeding info, she is a lovely mare, very pretty!

If you would like Kim's number I can give you the number on my mare's passport for her? Not sure if it will even work anymore! But pm if you would like me to get it for you :)

This is my mare, sorry for rubbish pic, just re-backing her after time off for foal at previous home and she was sold to me (unknowingly) in-foal again so thats stuffed my plans a little bit!

My little dartmoor gelding is absolutely besotted with her beauty ;) he protects her like a little lion :D

picture.php

picture.php

Alfie&Milo

Visit site
they are however not related to your mare, and im afraid i dont recognise any of those ponies names from when i used to live there so they must be newer additions to the broodys and stallys i knew.

my mare is seven this year, how long ago did you live nextdoor to her :)
Also my mare's name is Honey, just in case you remember any pretty little foals with that name :D