Katie__Connie

Visit site
Thanks
smile.gif
Oh im thrilled!
laugh.gif

DuckToller

Visit site
I was just going to post again - so glad to see people so interested. Had text from Sue at Remus Sanctuary last night and again this morning - he settled in very well, had a quiet night in, and has been turned out with another grumpy old pony today and they are getting on just fine. He really has landed on his hooves it seems.

Loading was a little tricky, not quite done the BHS way, and at one point the old guy was stuck in the lorry behind the pony - thought I might be making a detour via the local A&E - but managed to get him out through the groom's door and down the steps without too much stress. I had to stop the old guy giving him one last (enormous!) feed as I wanted the pony to be hungry enough to follow the feed up the ramp, and that's how it worked only the old guy wasn't quite as quick as the old pony once it all started to happen.

A few people have asked if perhaps we could sponsor him as an HHO pony - seems like a good idea to me, anyone else think so? Will speak to the Remus people to see how we can do that.

So many people on here have posted and pm'd to offer help, advice and general support - and best of all, made a donation to Remus - all in all a great start to the New Year. Thanks to you all. x

Link to Remus Sanctuary if you can spare a few ££

kerilli

Visit site
ooh, good idea to sponsor him as a HHO pony, definitely.
also, do the old couple who own(ed) want to contribute something towards his keep? would that make them feel a bit better about it all, perhaps? just thinking...

DuckToller

Visit site
I think they are absolutely broke, tbh, and it was the money situation that finally pushed them into giving him up.

Old guy is 80 plus, and looking after his wife who is disabled, so I guess life is quite hard for them. I spoke to them both last night and both were tearful, but the wife seemed the most pleased he was at a sanctuary where he was being cared for. I will ring them today as well to let them know he is turned out in a field, hopefully still drying out, and amazingly settled.

And with a friend!
grin.gif
grin.gif

m3gan

Visit site
What a successful outcome! I am so pleased for you and ponio!

Well done!!!!!!!

P.S ( Have just donated !)
smile.gif

treena

Visit site
dear Llewelyn.....i just wanted to say, that you should be very proud of yourself. i know that this was not done for gratification.....but the time, effort and tactfulness you have given and shown, is quite seriously...INSPIRATIONAL....well done to you. keep us all posted on this little pony. what a wonderfull outcome to a very sad situation....xx

Ashleigh_

Visit site
Oh please please can we sponsor him as a HHO pony!!! I think it would be a brilliant idea AND raise awareness for the Remus sanctuary!

PM me if i can help out at all
smile.gif

Keltic

Visit site
Well done!!
I will sponsor him, ive just checked the website its £15 a year to do a sponsor ship so if you let me know what his name is etc ill fill the form in and send it off. x

Roody2

Visit site
Llewelyn - you did a fabulous job!!

I sent some money yesterday and got a lovely update email from Sue - really nice to get some feedback as I am sure they are busy enough with all the horses but still take time out to thank their donors.

HollyB66

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

A few people have asked if perhaps we could sponsor him as an HHO pony - seems like a good idea to me, anyone else think so? Will speak to the Remus people to see how we can do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely - that would be great
smile.gif