Any ODE in Durham/N Yorks

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Does anyone know of any ODE's 60-75cm in Durham or N Yorks. I think I know of everything in Northumberland. I'm not as familiar with the area so not sure where to look. Just looking to fill the calendar up.
Thanks

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Richmond looks like a possibility, do you know what the course is like?
Misty Blue clashes with another one I am going to but will keep an eye on it for the future. Can't see any on Edenwell at the moment, will keep an lookout as that would be very easy to get to. Was entered for Streatlam but they had to cancel, shame as it walked as a great course, hope they can reschedule.

leflynn

Visit site
Sorry no, but Shoestring eventing or unaff course pics on facebook might have pics of the course?
Website saya smallest class is 50cm :)

Penshaw are doing showcross so not sure if they might do an ODE too? Might be worth checking with Foxberry Chasers as they do show x too?

Last edited:

violethillx

Visit site
Misty Blue have them on every couple of weeks, heights from 50cm I think. Ivesley have them every so often too as someone has mentioned now they've opened back up :)

Becky&Ollie-x

Visit site
May be a bt late but as far as im aware but:

Richmonds unaffilliated ODEs , XC section is over the working hunter fences, no real XC to it at all.

I was dissapointed at misy blue, very small course in one field.

Streatlam Park has a lovely "proper" XC, hills etc, shame it was a washout!

Ivesley's events arnt big - recent PC event the 80 cm was more 70 and was lovely for novicey horses yet can progress to some pretty meaty fences in higher classes

duckling

www.facebook.com
My calendars already been suggested so not sure I can be of much help, but thought I'd post in here for all those who go to ODEs/ hunter trials in the North East I have a real shortage of course photos from the area! So please do join my page, invite your friends and if possible take course photos when you go out competing! :)
www.facebook.com/unaffiliatedxccoursephotos

Vodkagirly

Visit site
May be a bt late but as far as im aware but:

Richmonds unaffilliated ODEs , XC section is over the working hunter fences, no real XC to it at all.

I was dissapointed at misy blue, very small course in one field.

Streatlam Park has a lovely "proper" XC, hills etc, shame it was a washout!

Ivesley's events arnt big - recent PC event the 80 cm was more 70 and was lovely for novicey horses yet can progress to some pretty meaty fences in higher classes

Thanks for the warning about Richmond, I want a "proper" xc for that length trip. I was going to go to Misty blue till I saw the optimum time was 1 min 20 or something similar so I asked about it and only 8 fences :confused: thats not a XC.
I have my entry wrote for Streatlam:)
Good to know about the height at Ivesley. A full up 80 is to high but a more like 70 is doable.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
My calendars already been suggested so not sure I can be of much help, but thought I'd post in here for all those who go to ODEs/ hunter trials in the North East I have a real shortage of course photos from the area! So please do join my page, invite your friends and if possible take course photos when you go out competing! :)
www.facebook.com/unaffiliatedxccoursephotos

Duckling I can send photos of the event at Streatlam that was cancelled if that is off any use? I presume they use the same course always?

Confuzz

New User
Visit site
Northallerton is great.
They have a mini ode on 24th August 45cm-75cm classes and then a ode on 25th August 75cm up.
It's a nice friendly venue too :)

Cobs Can Jump

Visit site
It might just be me, but I thought Northallertons 75cm track was a bit bigger than it says it is. Although on most of the "nasty" fences they have an alternative, but there's a big step-up on the course which doesn't have an alternative. (I went last weekend to have a look around). Hope this is helpful :)