Any one in portsmouth

millie_nelson

New User
Visit site
Hi guys, thankyou for replying back, the reason i ask is because im just starting up again after having my 5 month old baby girl and i wanted to know if anyone deos any private lessons in the area! or the best stables to go to! i use to go to dryad.

hope someone can help, thanks guys :D

Chestnutmare

Visit site
Dryad closed a few years ago now the only other riding schools that I know of are Roshanna's near wickham, Fort Widley Equestrian centre - on top of hill.

Fort widley is the only one really now in Pompey.

galaxy

Visit site
I you want to ride lovely horses and get excellent instruction, go to Lavant House. But the price tag is large!

Wizzkid

Visit site
I used to ride at Fort Widley!! Was about 15 years ago i wonder if Bruce is still around he was an amazing pony :)
Have you tried the naval base at Thorney Island? Pretty sure it does lessons good luck :)

SVMel

Visit site
Yep near enough. Crofton manor have a riding school side too, in Titchfield, and there is also Pinkmead in Botley :)

squiz22

Visit site
Hi Millie_Nelson

This may or may not help you. I run a website which helps people making touch with other riders in the same area as them. This can be just a mate to go hacking with or someone to go out schooling and competing with. The site is a month old and this week it was reconfigured to make it easier hence it looks a bit bare.

http://thefrustratedeventer.co.uk/

If you hover over the tab 'finding a partner' then theres the old areas where people used to post but if you now click on it you can then go through to a forum type site where you can post in your area. It may help it may not but i thought it was worth sharing.

Archiesmummy

Visit site
Are you looking for constant lessons or lessons and care thrown in? I have a friend who is an instructor who has two horses she teaches on. One to one tuition and after assessment you would probably be able to come to an arrangement about riding more often and hacking out.

PM me if you are interested, perhaps with your riding history.