Any one used a Speed Skip? Opinions?

gothdolly

Visit site
Hi there

Has anyone used the new "speed skip" ? I saw one in the tack shop and they claim its really good, has anyone used them? This winter I need to do 3 horses, get my toddler to childcare and be at work for 8.30am
shocked.gif
so I want to make things as quick as possible for myself. Any opinions gratefully received!!

Cassandra

gothdolly

Visit site
Hi there
Yes, it is one of those! Thanks for finding the link and photo! My concern when I tried the mucking out action in the tack shop was that it would hurt my wrist and since I already have a problem with my wrists that probably wont help!

Thanks for your opinion, perhaps thats not the mucking out tool answer for me then. £26 is a lot of money to spend to then realise its no good for you.

Cassandra

LankyDoodle

Visit site
It may well work for you... does anyone else you know have one that you could try?

I find it really painful to my wrist after a few scoop-ups.

I have the tall one because at 5'10" it's even more painful using the small one. They are useful for straw mucking out, and my husband poo-picks the field with it. He does say it is quicker to use gloved hands, though!

LCobby

Visit site
Another vote for the Fynalyte Multimucker for straw
If on shavings, the shavings version, also brillaint for oo picking,
Or if on rubber, the new rounded prong rubber mat shavings fork
http://www.fynalite.co.uk/s_rubber.html
I preer the shorter D handle ones, and with a large polyproplyne wheelbarrow so fewer trips to muck heap.
The Speedskip design may be ok for one or two piles in a school but would not be good for my back or wrists.