Any opinions on this horse for sale?

s4sugar

Visit site
Not a world beater & not even a pony club prospect.
His hind quarters don't match. He is not well balanced and I doubt he would trot up sound & level on a hard surface.

Champion at their own barn with a six year old riding?

I put in conneticut on the advert page & even on page one a handful came up with more about them for less money - look for something older for what you want.

be positive

Visit site
I agree with the above, there is something wrong behind, I expect quarter horses to usually be strong but this horse looks weak, croup high and not really level.

paddi22

Visit site
a very average looking horse, i can't believe the price, but i have no context for understanding american prices. In ireland you would get an absolutely amazing competition horse for that price.

it mad the prices people pay for horses in america, why are they so expensive? Really curious

edited to add: just noticed another ad for a very below average ISH that was asking 22,000 dollars. It would be worth about 1000-1500 here at the most. why are the prices so high there??

Last edited:

prosefullstop

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Any links to nicer horses in CT would be much appreciated.

I would say that the prices are so expensive because around here at least, keeping a horse is an expensive hobby and sellers can afford to pose silly prices. Boarding costs a fortune (1k-3k month in my area) as does competition entry etc.

prosefullstop

Visit site
PS Paddi22, the more I see of horses for sale in America, the more I think about importing a horse from Ireland or England (I'm an ex-pat, and have yet to ride something nice that doesn't cost upwards of 50k).

vickyb

Visit site
PS Paddi22, the more I see of horses for sale in America, the more I think about importing a horse from Ireland or England (I'm an ex-pat, and have yet to ride something nice that doesn't cost upwards of 50k).

Why don't you import a couple? Then sell one, and the profit will more than cover your transport costs!

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site