Any other Floridians on the forum?!

ghostly

Visit site
I moved around 3years ago from Shropshire to the Treasure Coast. Living in Florida is fantastic and waking up to blue skies and sunshine every day is something I definitely don't take for granted!

The horsey scene is quite different but everyone is very friendly, picking up the 'language' has been interesting, with different names for the same thing etc.!

marooncat

Visit site
Not in Florida but hope you might be able to help me.

We are coming out in May and I am trying to find out if there is any "must do" horsey things. We are going to be in Jacksonville (without a car) and then a Key West and Miami Beach (with car) .

Google is not throwing up anything, when I first started looking I was sure that I would find a beach ride but the only one I can find is to far north of Jacksonville to be an option.

BF is not horsey, so only looking for a few hours type thing.

Any thoughts?:D

ghostly

Visit site
i was going to suggest a beach ride, perhaps you can find one out of Miami when you have the rental car... though to be honest it will be getting hot come May time, especially Miami and the Keys, i think you will find it noticeably hotter the further south you come from Jacksonville!

Anything on the water is a safe bet as something you will certainly enjoy :) Keywest; DJ's Clam Shack, on Duval St. (best lobster rolls ever!), Mallory Square sunset festival and the southern most point. Miami, the duck tour! And a Heat game if the basketball season hasn't ended by May (not too au fait with the sport but the atmosphere at the games is great even if you don't have a clue what is going on!)

Have a great time!

Holl&Ru

Visit site
California born and raised here :) Still the US, but I couldn't get much further away if I tried! Still, you've gotta love being by the water

lyndsayberesford

Visit site
Ah reading this makes me so jealous! i love florida! been there 4 times in 4 years

me and the bf both want to move there in around 10 yrs time (both need to get financially on our feet first)

Would have loved to be there for the whole of the WEF in Wellington!