Any saw mills in South Wales where I can get sawdust?

ben456

Visit site
I had some saw dust before as a one- off and It was the best bedding I have tried for my mare. I would like some more but I can find any. If any one knows where I can get some from in South Wales please let me know :)

applecart14

Visit site
Another who agrees on not having redwood in shavings. Dad got me beautiful pine wood shavings free of charge from a the same timber yard for about 20 years and he would go in the hopper when it was shut down for the men's break and help himself and get massive bags of pine shavings that were dust free - my horses never coughed on them, unlike the supposedly 'dust free' bales that I am now buying. He was always very careful to separate the red wood from the pine shavings.

The redwood trees to look out for are Black Walnut, Black Cherry and Maple are all extremely dangerous red woods and must not be used in horse bedding. They leach their toxins through the hooves and into the body.

william95

Visit site
You could try Pontrilas Sawmills between Abergavenny & Hereford and I think they have another depot down Swansea. There is also a staircase manufacturer (think it's called Woodside Staircases) in Cwmbran by the Parkway Hotel that sells bagged sawdust/ shavings. I would also echo same comments as above about hardwood.

ben456

Visit site
Thanks for the replies I'll have a look at the suggested places. I'll make sure it's completely safe, if I was a little bit unsure I wouldn't bother, it's not worth the risk.