Any Selle Francais owners?

Showmum

Visit site
We have a 16 yo SF mare, mum is Drageene, dad is Harley. She has fantastic bloodlines, great granddad was Jalisco B. Her grandparents are Rivage du Poncel/Copacabana II and Guile Rock/Sandy du Bigard. She was bred in Belgium and has a French passport. She is such a sweet mare, lovely temperament, very loving and a brilliant jumper, so careful but very, very quick!

Just out of interest, anyone out there with a SF who could be our girl's distant relatives?

Attachments

• IMG_3836.JPG
    IMG_3836.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4257.jpg
    IMG_4257.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4428.JPG
    IMG_4428.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 15

TGM

Visit site
No pure breds but one three quarter SF and one half bred. The 3/4 bred one has Jalisco B as a grand sire so is related to yours. He is 16 this year and has been an amazing horse for my daughter. He has taken her from little Pony Club competitions to successfully competing at BE Novice and 1*. He has been to more PC/RC/NSEA national championships than I can count with many good placings. Also competed at Badminton Grass Roots championship, BE100u18 champs and has been in the top 10 for the last two years in the Corinthian Cup national champs too. On top of that he is lovely to hack and is an amazing hunter who is happy to lead the field over the biggest hedges.

We like him so much that we went for another with SF lines when we chose our youngster.

Last edited:

ihatework

Visit site
I have a 3yo with a hefty dose of SF although not the same lines as yours.
Sire line is Balou du Rouet, damline goes back to Dallas

TGM

Visit site
And this is our youngster - by Take It 2 The Limit (SF) out of a KWPN mare by Concorde. He is very slightly related to our older boy, as Jalisco B is by Alme and our youngster's great grandsire (on dam's side) is Zevenster who is also by Alme!

louispetley.jpg
louisjane.jpg
louisredlands.jpg

Frumpoon

Visit site
I had a half selle francais by Harlequin du Carel who was the light of my meagre life until heaven decided they needed him back too much 3 years ago. A kinder, sweeter, soppier horse you could never wish to find