Any tips - showing a horse to prospective 'loaners'...

EllieBeast

Visit site
Hi, i have had some interest in my horse, and was wondering if anyone had any pointers on what i should do when someone comes to view her. i have never sold a horse, and only bought one, so i havent a clue what i'm doing or what is expected....
Any help appreciated, i am panicking already and havent even set any dates
crazy.gif

TiaPony

Visit site
well, have horse naked and tack up while they're there, then ride (walk, trot, canter, jump if that's what they'll be using her for) then allow them to ride. if they want to use him/her for a hack let them, etc etc. then perhaps organise another visit?
x

wonkey_donkey

Visit site
Remember you are vetting them as much as they are trying your horse. Beware of timewaters and people who promise the earth but actually are not a suitable home at all. As advised above, a second viewing or more should sort the wheat from the chaff. Good luck.

aimeerose

Visit site
as other have said - you are vetting them as much as they are looking at the horse,

you'll know if they are ok as you'll like them, they'll like your horse, your horse will like them etc

they should be happy with any restriction/conditions you wish to put on and also be happy for you to see your horse anytime.

good luck - its not easy but when the right ones come along its worth it!
mine even let me know when they are competeing etc so i have the chance to watch/see pro-pics etc!

ohhh, ps - try not to cry!!