Any used a blow up buster collar?

ladyearl

vvv
Just bought one for Tess in advance of her spay op next week as it was recommended as a comfy alternative to the hideous lampshade. Has anyone else used on and did it work?!

thank you :))

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Yes I used one on my old girl to stop her getting at her stitches after she had a mammary tumour removed. It did work but does give them more movement than a buster collar so depending on how determined your bitch is to get at her scar she might just manage it.

ladyearl

vvv
no I meant the blow up one so your feedback was appreciated. I did wonder if she'd be able to "get" to her stitches in it.

CL66

Visit site
Mine had one when he had a gash on his side that needed stitches. He hates buster collars, but loved his blow up one! It was like a portable neck pillow, and when they went to bed the other dog also rested his head on it! The stitching is pretty weak though and we had to tape the whole thing onto his collar as he kept getting it off by scratching his neck and the stitching would break

horsemadelsie

Visit site
I have recently seen operation t-shirts for bitches, that cover their stitches in soft material so they can't lick at it- maybe look at these? Although I never had to use anything on my girl- she was a star :D

baggyb

Visit site
I used one on a lab after spaying and she managed to lick her stitches in it. Definately more comfortable than usual buster collar, but with a bendy, agile dog would not recommend. Mine ended up in buster collar in the end anyway

dollyanna

Visit site
A lot of people use a child's t-shirt, long enough to cover the area and then tie it up over their back to keep it in place. Might be worth a trip to a charity shop so you have one in case the collar doesn't work well enough?

ladyearl

vvv
Thank you everyone good suggestions!! I will get the t shirt and will have a buster just in case. I have an unavoidable period of time the following day when I can't supervise her so might just bite the bullet for that but would be nice to offer her a more pleasant alternative. My last bitch didn't bother at all and never wore one so fingers crossed etc. etc.