Anybody else’s horses fed up of the weather?

sportsmansB

Visit site
My retiree and companion are out on 7 acres with absolutely loads of grass and access to a shelter which I put some hay in if the weather is awful.
He's definitely fed up now, he's hanging around the gate even though he hasn't been stabled here ever, but he can see them and he wants in.
I have been resisting since there is so much grass and a decent shelter but I know he is just done with being out.
To be fair when he was in work he would never stay out for more than a couple of hours without either doing laps of death or jumping back in, so he has done well to make it to january...
They were definitely much, much happier when it was super cold rather than all this blustery rain.
Luckily the companion is a 27yo pony who is relatively unbothered as long as she is well rugged.

J&S

Visit site
I have often commented to OH that mine will spend quite some time inside during the summer of their own volition but stand out in the rain! not at the moment though! older mare definitely has had enough and stands in the porch between the two stables out of the wind and rain.

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
My 24/7 outy lot are now confirmed innys (sorry that just made me think of belly buttons). I can see them all from the house, they'd recently started hanging around at the gate with their best Eeyore expressions, looking longingly at the empty stables. Guilt tripped I made up the stables and let them in, it was a bit like gold rush at the Klondyke, they couldn't wait. The most confirmed inny is my moor bred rufty tufty Exmoor, first in last out.