Anybody with CCTV in lorry

OliveOyl

Visit site
For anyone with CCTV in their Horsebox, or in fact anyone who's watched their horse travel!
How does your horse stand whilst your driving along?? was watching mine yesterday and he stands with his bum pushed up the back wall, so his front legs are sort of pushed out the front a bit, so he can get a big % of his weight on to his bum.

Anyone elses travel like this?? I'm guessing that some of them must sit on their bum a bit to travel as some really rub their tails in the box and I wouldn't have thought that would happen if they didn't, therefore the invention of tail guards?

seche

Visit site
I dont have CCTV but I can see my horses as they travel!

One stands very far forward - breast bone close to the bar, so as to eat haynet and be nosey!

One travels / Travelled bum pinned to the back wall though since travelling back wards he is masses better and doesnt feel the need to "breech" himself... I expect he does/did this due to flying back from NZ

and the other has to have the whole lorry to himself no partitions or anything touching him other wise he lamps the hell out of it -if he is happy he travels like a rock.

nikkiportia

Visit site
I travel TB mares all the time to and from studs. Most just stand square and don't lean on their tails thankfully.
If I have mare and foal on the box with no partition, the mare stands diagonally across and foal just stands wherever he/she feels like. Usually facing backwards
grin.gif

OliveOyl

Visit site
I left him with a really wide gap between his partitions on the way home yesterday, so whether he felt too unbalanced like that I'm not sure. will try him with a more usual gap next time out and see how he goes with that.
Really interesting to know what others do when travelling though as I do like to worry about anything that might be untoward, so thank you!

jess_asterix

Visit site
All of mine travel just standing normally on all 4 legs not really leaning on either end.

But Giggy is an arse to travel. Kicks out a lot and rests on his bum and has his legs out in front of him!