Anyone around the southwest area?

tusculum10

Visit site
Hi I'm in Bristol, I have a ex-racehorse who is 10 years old and a piebald heavy cob who is 4 years old...
I created this thread just so I could get to know some more people as new to this forum and maybe we could all help eachother out with problems we have ;) thanks

tusculum10

Visit site
Hey there I'm nr taunton have retrained many an ex racer love my tbs and enjoy breaking etc nice to get to know people nearby :)

Hiya, nice to meet you :) this is my first ex-racehorse and he can be a challange, having problems with him at the moment as he gets anxious without my cob being anywhere in sight. but today he has been great came in still looking for my cob but done some work with him lunge ect. and put him in a paddock on his own with my cob in sight but different field and he wouldnt stop following me around his paddock. got to love him though :)

StormyGale

Visit site
With ex racers their all different sounds like your doing really well though gain his trust and try not to over phase him he's probably used the cob for support as racehorses are used to strings pit hacking so he probably latched into him for protection and support when he aarrived. Sounds like hes trusting u though and little and often helps. Just take your time. I find they love attention when they drop their gaurd a little they aren't uses to people just 'being' around them and brushing them but they soon learn its a good thing I love ex racers think their excellent keep me posted how u get on. I don't think there s any issue I haven't had yet so if u want help I'm here for advice if I can be of help I will do lol. No one knows it all though its a learning curve with everyone of them . Well done on for the step on right direction baby steps is good just gradually increase time away from other horse and make it fun so he's not always working hard when he gets separated. Give him a nice brush and then put him back occasionally so it's a nice thing to spend time with u. I find that helps bonding too

_GG_

Visit site
Welcome to the forum :D

I'm in Wiltshire with an 11yr old ex racer and a 4yr old WB x

Get stuck in here...you don't need a thick skin, just a good sense of humour...:p

Smiler33

Visit site
Hi, I'm in North Bristol. I don't have my own horse but ride someone else's at Malmesbury - the roads around here are so bad I wouldn't really want to be out on a horse on them whereas Malmesbury, despite the drive, is really lovely and peaceful.

Tusculum10 well done on the progress you are making with your TB being attached to your Cob - good to hear :)

Hallage74

New User
Visit site
Hi There... Used to live in Bristol, now in Malmesbury, just got my 1st horse in 25 years... a LW thoroughbred who did a bit of point to pointing so couldn't really call him an ex racer!

We are just getting to know each other and enjoying a bit of hacking. Just out of interest where do you ride in and around Bristol - back in the day when I was a kid we used to be able to ride across Ashton Court Estate - can you still?

lcharles

Visit site
I'm from Gloucestershire, been riding since I was 4. I'm 26 now. I have 4 horses, two retired, one out on loan and my main horse which i compete most weekends. Mainly showjumping. I hunt in the winter and have fun all year round! x