Anyone at Duchy College?

harvgj19

Visit site
Does anyone go to Duchy College?

I am trying to find out what the DIY livery yard there is like.

My loaner wants to take Harv there next year, and I am concerned he will hate it. He came from a RS with no winter turnout and limited summer turnout, and since being out almost 24/7 since I bought him, he has become a different horse.

Any info appreciated.

dixie

Visit site
Do you mean Duchy College at Callington, Cornwall?

I don't know about the livery situation but when I do go there for competitions there are always lots of horses out in the fields. And they are pretty big fields, not little fenced off paddocks.

The yard manager is very experienced, I'm sure she will accommodate any horses different temperaments. Perhaps you could email them and ask.

harvgj19

Visit site
Thanks Dixie, yes I meant Duchy in Cornwall. I have been told that their facilities are good, I was just concerned about turnout. He would be on the DIY livery yard, not used by the college.

rema

Visit site
The facilities are brilliant.But not too sure on the turnout situation.Have PM'd you!.
grin.gif

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
At Bicton College in Devon but know the facilities at Duchy are fab, as went to look round there. They may have limited turnout though like we do at Bicton, but obviously am not sure just going on vague memories here! xx

trelawnyhorses1

Visit site
the fields our really poor condition the fencing is disgusting you share your turnout with other diy horses, the turnout is limited if your allowed any. however staff are first class. pm me if you have anymore questions