ANYONE been to weston Lawns?

kelz07

Visit site
Hi

I have been a few times, very nice set up and seem to be organised unlike some places, there are normally 2 rings on the go one starts at newcomers (i think) and the other starts with unaffilliated about 80cm ish and then goes onto british novice upwards later on in the day. I found the collecting rings a bit on the busy side but saying that i was on a 4yr old with not alot of steering! But all in all i would say its a nice place and the surfaces / jumps are good!

hth x

Hedwards

Visit site
Hi,

yes i've been to western lawns a few times, mainly for dressage, but we've done a bit of jumping up there too, there are 2 arenas, the 'small' one at the back, where they do the smaller courses and the larger one at the front. They always tend to have a nice course set up, and the arena is plenty big enough. Like most places they tend to run behind, but are generally fairly organised. If the weather has been rubbish the car park gets a bit wet and boggy, but there's loads of room. The warm up does get a bit hectic, but has a good surface. hope that helps!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
It's one of my local centres....they normally run a little late, there is an online link so you can see roughly what class they are on & how many have jumped...it's not always as accurate as one would like though.

There are 2 arenas & also a grass arena which is seldom used. One arena is 60mt x 60 mt & the large arena is 90mt x 60mt. The surfaces are good, the warm up areas are a reasonable size but sometimes can get busy. The car park is quite large but at busy shows (3 day shows etc) it gets very full. The canteen serves the usual types of food at reasonable prices.

It is however the windyest place on the planet!

I hope this helps, you should enjoy yourself there. At the large shows you will see all the top pros there. ;)

athenrye

Visit site
I have to agree it is the windyest place ever...don't take your horse on it's first time out! other than that I like it a lot :)

nomini

Visit site
Yes I have been there - I went there for their kickoff april show. It was very busy on the day I went and they ran quite late - they had to cancel the newcomers one night as it started to get dark. I'm not sure what its like on their one day shows though...
The courses were nicely built though and fairly up to height.
They have a lovely cafe too!!