Anyone bought Olympic Tickets yet?

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
i have applied for 3 tickets to the cross country - one for me and 2 for friends i'm yet to invite!! :D

I have also applied for 2 opening ceremony tickets (£150 ones) as i am hoping if i get them they will be for my parents for xmas this year - my mum seems keen to go to something so i thought it would be a nice surprise. Hope i get them now :D:D

ladyt25

Visit site
I had a nosey today - I didn't think the cheapest SJing tickets were that bad at £35 really. I don't know how it compares to normal SJing events of that level. I only have HOYS to compare it too, oh no actually Hickstead aswell. They are not cheap! i am considering the eventing but I think £55 is quite expensive. Would only really want to see the XC day but in all honesty you do end up seeing more of the action on TV. i think there's probably more atmosphere with the SJing arena IMO.

I quite fancied the mens 4 x 100 final but that was a little more expensive - still under £100 though I think.

CalllyH

Visit site
Ive applied for round 2 of team show jumping - came to £76 in total. hoping we get them and if we have to stand ok fine - theres normally breaks in show jumping where you can sit down. Just be fab to go and I think £35 is alot cheaper than I was expecting - really got my hopes up now!

BBH

Visit site
For those who are relying on the telly I'm just wondering how much coverage equestrian events will get when there are so many other sports to cover aswell.

We'll prob be relegated to a 30 mins highlight show on red button or sky only knowing our luck.

Dunlin

Visit site
There was loads of coverage of Equestrian events from the Atlanta Olympics including hours and hours of Cross Country for the Eventing. I didn't catch much from Sydney, Athens and Beijing due to work so I don't know how they compared, I just bought the DVD's from Equestrian Vision.

If Zara Phillips is part of the squad I would imagine there will be shed loads of coverage on the 3-D-E.

sport horse

Visit site
BBH I think you will find it hard to have a clash with Dressage and Show Jumping as they are on different days! As I understand it there is only one Equestrian arena so other than the cross country phase of the event all the competitions will be in the same place.

miss_molly

www.katevickersequestrian.webs.com
I need to apply for the dressage grand prix. Hope I get a ticket. Looking at times its do able in a day on the train from me so thats my option to keep prices down. Then if tickets left over would like to see the jumping as well so hoping I can get a cheap ticket for that nearer the time to spread the cost a bit as I keep running out money at the moment so 2 tickets coming out on same day may not be a good idea.

teapot

Visit site
With regards to TV coverage on the 30th July (so xc day) and with what, 10 BBC options on freeview/sky, these are the other events going on at the same time:

Shooting
Hockey
Beach volleyball
Archery
Basketball
Judo
Rowing
Handball
Swimming (prelim heats, finals are in the evening)
Table tennis
Fencing
Weightlifting
Tennis (prelim round)
Sailing
Boxing
Canoe slalom
Waterpolo
Volleyball
Diving
Gymnastics

Now as far as I can see, nothing is going to stop them showing 5hrs of xc on at least one of the main channels...

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
I am as yet undecided whether to buy tickets or not, I would really like to go but it is a lot of money. Seems silly to miss out though, it is a once in a lifetime thing as many have said. ON a side note, the Beijing olympics did get quite good coverage, though most of it was on at 1 in the morning! (I can remember setting my alarm for that time so I could be up to watch it!) I know they definately showed the eventing (though possibly not the dressage phase?) and also the straight showjumping, can't remember if they showed any straight dressage though? Maybe H&C will step up to show some?

Faithkat

Visit site
I had an interview yesterday to be an Olympic volunteer. I was asked which sports I was interested in so, obviously, I said equestrian, then swimming and rowing. The interview was to be part of the Acceditation Team who are the ones who do the photos for and dish out the security passes. However, you also have to pay for your own accommodation and travel so if I get chosen I will be advertising on here for a local floor to sleep on as no way could I afford to go to London (or whereever) every day!!

lily1

Visit site
I was hoping to go but I think the price of tickets are a rip off and the fact you wont know until June wether you have been sucessful or not. think i'll watch it on the tv and go to Burghley instead.

wonkey_donkey

Visit site
I think the tickets are a fair price and I applied for SJ and opening ceramony tickets as soon as they came out.

It's probably a once in a lifetime opportunity and you shouldn't miss it in my opinion !!

Kenzo

Visit site
We have put in for the ballet for XC and showjumping day so we will wait to see what we get.

Got accomodation sorted already, can stop with a friend 25 mins on the tube from the Park but I think we may be wanting to camp somewhere so we can come down in the car.

Any ideas for decent campsites?

Kat

Visit site
We have put in for the ballet for XC and showjumping day so we will wait to see what we get.

Got accomodation sorted already, can stop with a friend 25 mins on the tube from the Park but I think we may be wanting to camp somewhere so we can come down in the car.

Any ideas for decent campsites?

Sorry I just read that and thought "Ballet....... :confused: since when was Ballet an olympic sport????" :confused:

:p