Anyone do full clips with cordless clippers?

loopinlou

Visit site
Lister liberty and I take forever as I only have a welsh d and am on my own when I clip !! I can easily spend 2 or more hrs including doing his head and finishing touches!

samsbilly

Visit site
I do a full clip on my 17.2 boy with liberty man harmony clippers as there the only ones i can get near him. However they wouldn't cope with a really hairy horse.

Spottyappy

Visit site
Lister Liberty used by us, too. Recently full clipped a very hairy pony with cushings and another one with quite a fine coat, all on one charge.
Previously had the Liveryman Harmony clippers and tbh were not good for full clips on big horses. Fine for trace type but didn't hold charge long enough for full clips.
We have the field pack with our Liberty, and so if the charge does run low, we can connect to a car battery adds they run very well.

MissTyc

Visit site
Lister Liberty here too ... I can do a very long and faffy full clip on my cob. Just blanket clipped two big horses today and still had enough juice to run round the yard doing beards, ears, feathers ... :lol:

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Lister cordless used by my best mate - does my native & native type yak's year in & year out (I pay for blade sharpening).
Only got go faster stripe at present but they usually cope with everything off :)

9tails

Visit site
I clip my warmblood out with Liveryman Harmony clippers, they've been fine though the medium blades are rubbish.

simplyhunting

Visit site
I can get two full proper clips out my Lister liberty's one one charge (one easy to do and the other is a pita as he's so ticklish! )

tinap

Visit site
I give my golden retriever a full clip with liveryman harmony clippers ;) completely useless on the horse/pony but the dog seems happy :D

Patchworkpony

Visit site
I had a 15.2 huge welsh cob years ago that would only tolerate dog clippers. It was a long job usually done over 2 days but at least he never got upset about being clipped.

MudMudGloriousMud

Visit site
I clip everything with Liveryman Harmony's - My old mare has a super thick coat and legs a shire would be proud of - they do a fantastic job, but you cant rush them.
I did a blanket with mains clippers yesterday in half an hour, with the Harmony's (which are away being serviced) it would be more 45 mins depending on your animal and it's coat.
I think they are wonderful!

This is a blanket on a nervy pony -

And full on my yeti girl -

Pigeon

Visit site
Got a small lister cordless clipper (or is that set of clippers?? one handset anyway) and it runs out of battery halfway through doing his face. So I can imagine you'd have to clip in several sittings as you have to keep recharging them. They're tiny though, useful for around the eyes etc, but wouldn't want to try a full clip.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Tried the liveryman harmony on mine- was a blanket clip on a Welsh D... well the number of times I nearly launched them across the stable wasn't good! They wouldn't cut through his fur, had to keep going over the same part which left tram lines like you see in some chavvy kids hair!! Also have to have him sedated so didn't have much time so really wasn't helpful.

Couldn't be doing with that again so bought some liveryman red rockets last year they are corded but so quiet and I love them!

MyBoyChe

Visit site
I replaced my Liveryman Harmony with the Lister Liberty this year. The Harmony did a full clip on my TB no trouble but they couldnt cope with my Highland pony! The Libertys were fab, whizzed through it!

Megibo

Visit site
Yep I use liveryman harmony and love them! Quiet, lightweight and cut through my welsh D's yak coat easy peasy! And she gets serious thick hair if I let her. Whipped it off no prob on one charge. Takes a while though!

Abbeygale

Visit site
I have the Lister Showman, which I think were the ones before the Liberty. My battery is now rather old and overused, but I can still do 2 full clips and one of our dogs off one charge. They seem to struggle more with the grubby and greasy dogs than they do with the horses - never had them gib at clipping any horse - and at one point I was supplementing the college yard clipping with my own clippers! So they have done some serious work in their time! :)