Anyone else’s shedding yet?

SadKen

Visit site
Mine is shedding a bit, but I put it down to her starting Cushing's meds as it looked like the replacement coat is still short but a different (lighter) colour, so I figured this is summer coat 2 for us - however this is making me think I could be wrong!

GoldenWillow

Visit site
Yes, I noticed yesterday that my cobs summer coat is shedding on his neck. He only lost the last if his clip line on his belly last week!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
both of mine on the yard are, one welsh and one TB. Don't know the TB well enough yet but the welsh always sheds when it gets hot - she initially grows a fairly thick summer coat and then starts shedding when it heats up. She won't grow her woolies until the autumn.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
The Beast is just continually shedding this year! I can't tell if it's the last of the winter coat or the start of the summer coat. I think she's confused because it's been her first spring in the north of Scotland and I've had to keep rugs on her cos the weather has been cold so I think she's just no idea what season it is.

Fransurrey

Visit site
Yep, my cob is shedding like mad, but my old Exmoor used to start in July, too. I used to go away in August and always got back to a noticeably hairier pony, so I expect to start clipping in 4 weeks, as coblet is already a hot boy and had to be clipped in Spring.

meleeka

Visit site
Yep, my cob is shedding like mad, but my old Exmoor used to start in July, too. I used to go away in August and always got back to a noticeably hairier pony, so I expect to start clipping in 4 weeks, as coblet is already a hot boy and had to be clipped in Spring.
Yes I’m getting blades sharpened now too. They do look lovely with summer coats, it’s such a shame. Mine were clipped in the spring and have only just lost the clip lines.

Greylegs

Visit site
Yes. My highland has only just finished shedding his last winter coat (not unusual for him to take til June!!) and he's shedding his summer coat a bit now. Hope they're not trying to tell us the next ice age is about to set in!!!

SallyBatty

Visit site
The Beast is just continually shedding this year! I can't tell if it's the last of the winter coat or the start of the summer coat. I think she's confused because it's been her first spring in the north of Scotland and I've had to keep rugs on her cos the weather has been cold so I think she's just no idea what season it is.

My cob x dales mare hasn't stopped shedding either this year and she hasn't got a good excuse as she has been living on the same yard for at least 6 years! Its driving me bonkers!

J&S

Visit site
Yes, my ponies started pretty well the day after mid summer day! We will have "blackberry" coats before the end of August I expect........... and we get the real blackberries earlier in the year too.