Anyone else clipped already?!

VioletStripe

Visit site
Feel ridiculous clipping this early in the year but we are having one hell of a heatwave down South! My poor Connie has grown a good amount of his winter coat over the last couple of weeks, and he has been so hot and sweaty over the last few days I decided to bite the bullet! I know in a month or so he'll need doing again but it's supposed to stay warm for a few weeks more and I just didn't want to leave him shaggy... Anyone else experiencing the same?

atropa

Visit site
I will be doing my Highland before end of month, if I leave it too late I worry about my blades not coping with her coat as I only have Liveryman Harmony clippers. WB will wait until end of Oct

Kizzy2004

Visit site
I clipped my gelding on Sunday, just a small chaser clip for now then he’ll have a full hunter clip in October, he’s a new forest and was getting very fluffy already and very sweaty in work.

Dyllymoo

Visit site
I'm torn, J isn't in any work for another 2 weeks but he comes in from the field sweating :( I would only take off a bib type so might do over the weekend.

WandaMare

Visit site
Yes I clipped one of mine at the weekend in readiness for the hot days this week. Even standing in this afternoon she is quite warm so definitely needed defluffing even though earlier than I had planned.

Sealine

Visit site
I will be clipping next week in advance of our first autumn hunting outing. It will be a blanket clip next week but will do a hunter clip before the opening meeting at the end of October.

Chianti

Visit site
Yes. About a month earlier than usual but pony is so hairy and has to wear sweet itch rug so was sweating in the field. I just hope it doesn't make his itching worse.

mini_b

Visit site
Doing next week, just a low Irish clip for comfort as he’s a sweaty yak. Means he can still be a bit naked.
then all off bar legs when it’s properly changed.

whizzer

Visit site
Yep,hairy grey connie cross. Took everything off last weekend.
Easier to keep her clean,less time cooling off after work.
I guess I’ll be clipping again in a few weeks but I’ll probably not bother doing legs again until next spring,got rid of the hairy hobbit look early then she can grow a bit of leg hair back in for winter.

P.forpony

Visit site
My connie had her second full clip yesterday, usually gets her first in August so not too far ahead of schedule but just a month later and you couldn’t even see where her saddle patch was ?

She’s been so hot and itchy sweaty she’s rubbed sore bits around her face, neck and chest so must stay on top of it now till it cools
down a lot more.

Green Bean

Visit site
My girly is moulting a huge amount at the moment. Don’t remember this happening in previous years. She is sweating when let out for a few hours from box rest so thinking about clipping. She is due the dentist which she needs sedation for so thinking of clipping her afterwards as she isn’t the best for clipping up the neck.

teddypops

Visit site
I’ll be doing my Welsh cob at the weekend. I don’t usually like to do it this early but we have a clinic next week and I don’t want her to struggle.