anyone else got a point 2 pro air jacket?

rachyhorsiehib

Visit site
Hello everyone! Long time no post!

My gorgeous other half bought me a point 2 pro air jacket last week as a suprise due to me abso yearning after one due to my nerves! I know, he's a saint!

I do however have an issue I never thought of. You're supposed to be careful to unclip it before you dismount so you're not inflating yourself all the time, BUT I can get off without mine inflating (as jolls is only 14.2hh).... Hmm. Does this mean I could be almost on the floor in the event of a fall before it even starts inflating? OH says to tie a knot in the lanyard as he thinks it's a bit long for me an Jolls purpose, but I don't want to risk setting it off when jumping or trotting etc! They don't make the lanyard adjustable an don't mention what to do on the smaller pony so I'm just curious if anyone else has come across this issue/thought also??

thoughts welcome as I'll be adjusting/knotting it tomorrow for our first XC if need be.

Thanks people!

Rach

frazzled

Visit site
I bought one for my daughter and they altered the lanyard to a shorter length as she is riding a 15hh pony. I would take it to your nearest stockist and get it re fitted.

rachyhorsiehib

Visit site
Thanks Frazzled! I just called and they're going to send me a shorter lanyard.

Benji - I can't even feel the extra jacket, it's light and loose when not inflated and for someone like me that doesn't bounce I can't have too much protection. I never ride without both jackets now, due to lots of history and being left with long term injuries from previous unexpected falls. I don't fall off much but when I do I just go thud.

teddyt

Visit site
Whoever sold it to your OH should have been a bit more concientious! Its a safety item and shouldnt be a one size fits all, the fact that they sold it without asking your horses size is appalling imo. I would tell the manufaturer as that is actually quite dangerous!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Whoever sold it to your OH should have been a bit more concientious! Its a safety item and shouldnt be a one size fits all, the fact that they sold it without asking your horses size is appalling imo. I would tell the manufaturer as that is actually quite dangerous!

I know it's quite rare for us on this subject :) but I totally agree with this point.

Cedars

Visit site
Thanks for posting this, hadnt thought about this. My OHs horse is 16.2 though, do you think the standard size would snap? xxxx

rachyhorsiehib

Visit site
Sorry i Should have mentioned, my OH bought as suprise an we then took it to the place of purchase to have it fitted. I do think that not asking me the height of my pony was an oversight and I'm glad I noticed and queried it!! I think i have the standard lanyard which would be fine for anything above 15.2 imo.

squirrelc17

Visit site
I bought one recently and was asked the height of my horse and other horses i ride.
there are now only 2 different lanyards as they weren't being fitted properly and too adjustable.
there is a horse one and a pony one.

rachyhorsiehib

Visit site
Fallen angel-he's very helpful with his boy jobs but unfortunately that doesn't include the washing. Lol. He is amazing, and very tolerant ha ha.

NeverSayNever

Visit site
quick question about these.....

when you are competing, presumably your number still goes over the airjacket? So.... does that hinder it from inflating properly at all?

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Excellent pressie! :D Well done the lad :D

I had just decided to get one for D1 and one for me (I apparently don't bounce too well - though you would have thought that an ar$e this big would hit the ground first! Ah well :D). D1 has an Exo cage and I'm wondering if it could go over the top of that... From what I've seen when the Point 2's go off, the rider is damn quick to try and get it undone! Wondering what effect it would have. D1 has the Exo as I'm paranoid about rotational falls... not sure what the Point 2 protection is like in that respect.