Anyone else had the same miracle?? (bits)

Hattikins

Visit site
Well Fiddler has always been in conventional single jointed bits, dressage bradoon for flatwork and cheltenham gag for sjing and XC - its been like this for 4years. Hes just come into work as some of you know after having 6months off and we thought seeing as at the end of his dressage test he always used to explode, we've gone down every route other than mouth discomfort soooooooooo... we tootled off to look at Myler bits - bought THE softest (loose ring) myler, 3days later went out and won his first dressage test for 6months with 73% its gobsmacking -and in the two tests he did, he only slightly exploded once in one test - cant believe it!!!!

So is it just me or are Myler bits really this fantastic, as up until now i have always been dubious about them??
confused.gif
grin.gif

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
wow that's fantastic!
I tried a Myler on Axey and he hated it, but it was one with a port and holes in the bit rings for the reins to go though, so not sure it was dressage legal anyway!
I have just bought a KK Ultra off Ebay for £30 and tried it for the first time today and he went lovely in it!

73 % is a bit of a result though
smile.gif

Sam x

the watcher

Visit site
No the ones with the loops in the rings are not dreassage legal.

I am a big fan too, have put two of mine into the comfort snaffle with loops, and they have made an amazing difference, had to go out and buy one without loops (ouch) today for a dressage test coming up, but it is worth it because I know the nouthpiece does the job

flyingfeet

Visit site
Frankly single jointed bits are the work of the devil - not sure why people think they are best place to start!

Mylers, lozenge and french links often give marked improvement in any horse as you've stopped squeezing their tongue and jabbing them in the roof of their mouth.....

Chex

Visit site
I didn't see a huge difference in Chex, but he does seem happier with it. I have one with hooks/loops, but don't use them.

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
had brilliant results mine has port and independant action but have to ride in kk at competitions last test got 76.5% and a 10 for my halt in an aff.comp.he is not 5 years old yet.he has a great jump too and i perfer that but taking it slowly
cool.gif
smile.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
WOW thats fantastic carthorse!!!!!!!
grin.gif
laugh.gif
looks like you've got a super star on your hands
cool.gif

well its good that its not just a one off bit and they work on loads of horses
smile.gif
really chuffed that hes happy in his mouth now - just wondering what to do for jumping now............
wink.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
hmmmm but hes very strong so im not really inclined to jump him in the softest myler there is
blush.gif
!!!!!!!! i just dont know which one i should get!!!!!!
confused.gif