Anyone else have a horse that HATES dressage

beaconhorse

Visit site
I bought Beacon 3 years ago mostly to do Dressage and showing on, It soon became clear he disliked it ARRGHH

I kept going for a while, then gave him some time off from it. Went back to it, he still disliked it. Tried again today on grass which he prefers, but he was resistant, awkward and so so miserable.

he loves jumping tho, so I had to learn to jump as my last horse could not jump thro injury

Can't believe I am jumping, I always swore I would never leave the ground, now I am loving it too
grin.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I think Lately's hossie, the BOF does too! PF doesn't hate it, but she's not very patient and keeps asking "Can we jump now?"
smile.gif

Well done for jumping! I started again after lots of years. Where previously I was fairly fearless, I was suddenly very aware of my own mortality and it took me ages to get over it!! (still not entirely there!)

Evadiva1514

Visit site
One of my boys used to hate doing dressage, as soon as he saw the white boards that was it. He would use every trick in the book to show resistance... He always enjoyed showing though, and the only thing we thought it could be was that he enjoyed the crowds and found dressage rather solitary. I just tried to stick to what he enjoyed and now he is a bit older he still loves his showing!! Thankfully i have now got another horse who loves his dressage so im a happy little bunny now!!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I have a horse who just thinks its wasting his time after a season of eventing trying to persuade him that it might benefit him I have given up. In every way he makes dressage a miserable experience. As far as Jim is concerned he can jump perfectly in a perfect canter and finds it very easy so why do something that is unpleasant and difficult for him?

debbielinder

Visit site
my horse thinks going round in circles is a complete waste of her time and just goes round the indoor like a motorbike even worse outside as always something more interesting to look at but out in a hack shes goes well on the bit leg yields does shoulder in and travers always on the bit wierd animal