Anyone else have a polar opposite?

P3LH

Visit site
Or is it just me? In terms of how their other half is with dogs?

Now we are both dog lovers (it wouldn’t really work otherwise!) but she is much more animated and fussy with them than I. Don’t get me wrong I adore dogs, I would be miserable without a pack of them around me—but in general I’m quite a reserved and not very gushy person in all walks of life.

Whilst I love having a cuddle and a good fuss of them, I don’t like them pestering me too much. I also set firmer boundaries and expect them to do as asked.
OH likes a lot more of the sat on laps, being licked, high pitched voices and babying, and has a lot more flex with them than I.

Until OH came along I suppose my whole life with dogs was rather different; interacting for training, nice long walks together, a good game in the evening, feeding, and a fuss before bed but other than that the dogs chilling out on their bed/doing their own thing.

(You can see why corgi was a pain when small....mixed messages!)

It actually made me feel a bit glum yesterday when on a walk and the corgi shark ignored what I’d asked her to do and went straight to OH and persisted blanking me. The rough boys are a bit indifferent as have been around a lot longer and are used to my ‘style’. I just find it ironic that I do the walks (mainly), the training, feeding and grooming yet the small one in particular treats me like the hired help?

I suppose I am just not that interesting by comparison!! I am hoping I’m not the only one though?!

Moobli

Visit site
My dogs are definitely my dogs and my OH's are definitely his. Mine live indoors, while his are in kennels. We train, groom, feed and exercise our own dogs but there is no problem if I need to exercise his or vice versa. It is interesting how dog's sometimes choose someone other than their primary caregiver to swear their undying love to - maybe it is down to a match of personalities.