anyone else own a 17hh +?

fizz-tally

Visit site
having managed to get 2 horses in 2 weeks i am a bit shocked
shocked.gif

my newest boy is a 17.1hh id x tb
grin.gif

who else owns a biggy & what do you do with them?

mine was hunted & jumped,been standing in a field for a year & now i have him
grin.gif

Happytohack

Visit site
Two horses in two weeks - who is being greedy then??? I own a 17.3 Vladimir heavy draught horse. He is 16 and was given to me 6 years ago. He came from Russia as a 4 year old. He is the gentlest giant going and was used in Russia to haul logs and then drove in this Country. I used to hack him about. Sadly, he now has arthritis and is retired but is a very happy chap. I have just bought a beautiful, gentle Clydesdale x - just as a happy hacker, at 16 hands she seems positively small!

dieseldog

Visit site
I've got a 17.2 called Olympic, dutch, mainly do SJ but have recently done some BE and dressage. He doesn't feel big to sit on as he is quite narrow though. Saying that I am supposed to be selling him as he is too big for me.

little_pink_piggies

Visit site
yes, i own a 17hh event horse. he is tb x german warmblood and a complete thug! scopiest thing I have ever sat on but not v genuine and v opinionated in life ! but i love him to bits!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
We've got a 17.1 TBxID. He was used for hunting before we got him, but my husband events him now. Before we bought him, we had a 17.2 TBxWB who was the laziest horse I've ever known. Talk about attitude! But when he did work, he had a lovely jump and was so comfortable to ride!

I just stick to my 15.1 and 15.3. I've only got short legs!

hantastic

Visit site
I have a 17hh section D, he is an awesome jumper and now he has decided the world is not against him he is almost a pleasure to ride. At the moment he is a happy hack and hunts and team chases/HT over the winter, his forte is Sj but i am a wimp at SJ dont ask why a xc fence is appealing. Although next year he might just do his first BE event!

hjw

Visit site
I have a 15yr old 17.2hh IDxTB. I am 5'6" and we do dressage and showing. She can be an absolute sweetheart and an absolute *** .... but i love her to bits. I lost my nerve years ago so we dont jump anything and she now has an old injury so we wouldnt even try.

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
My TB is 17.1hh and he is beautiful, I feel very elegant when I am riding him and he doesnt feel huge. I am only 5ft2 so people often ask why I wanted such a big horse. I didnt go out looking for him he found me and I dont care if I look like a pea on a drum. I also have a 16.1hh mare and a 1/2 share in a 16hh gelding.

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
I used to have a 17hand Shire/ID xTB, I'm only 5ft3 but used to showjump and hunt him. The best horse I have ever had and I'm sorry I sold him
frown.gif

Even if I did have to stand on sommething to tack him up lol

Helga1980

Visit site
I've got a 17hh ISH on loan, so far have only done SJ on him but am planning to do dressage, unaff ODE's and HT's over the winter.

His owner has done all of the above on him and has also been pretty successful in working hunter classes - the biggies seem to popular with WH judges these days
laugh.gif

M never feels big though (apart from getting on
blush.gif
), he rides at least a hand smaller than he is.

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hi
I have a 17h 7 year old mare, she is your typical mare
crazy.gif

She events, BSJA and anything else that gets her out once a week, loves the sound of the lorry starting, I swear you can see her smile
grin.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
I have a 17.2hh CLydesdale x (was sold as 16.2hh turns out he rather larger!)

We do a bit of SJ he used to do so Xc which I am going to reintroduce, do a lot of hacking and a little bit of dressage

Dotilas

Visit site
I had a 17.2 Dutch Warmblood called Benji.

He was a nappy b*stard (for want of a better word!!) and reared. Nevertheless, we managed to sell him as an elementary dressage horse!!