Anyone else own a cremello?

Orthe's Daystars

Visit site
Have just acquired the sweetist kind & polite 15 hand Irish "bog cob" cremello.

Didn't go looking for one, but he just ticked every box possible - a real dude to hack out, will work in a nice outline, safe as they come and above all he really, really loves to jump:D As I'm nearly 55 with bone-on-bone arthritic knees but determined not to give up, I am so pleased that we found each other. Anybody else out there own one & have you found them to be "nice people"

Hope to hear from other owners:):)

Orthe's Daystars

Visit site
:) Hi guys - would love to send you pics BUT despite best efforts & helpful advice, :( we have never managed to post a picture on the thread. All I can offer is teenyweeny Avatar & Profile. Tomorrow will try making an album which you could maybe PM to see.

Very frustrating because he is so photogenic (and when wearing full UV mask with floppy ears he looks so funny)

Pure chance we found him - friend found a website for horses sale/loan, did a link, I spent a happy hour scrolling down & then found the very professional video the sellers had made of him jumping, XC, S/J, indoors, outdoors - just cantering round in a lovely quiet rhythm then calmly& carefully jumping, landing & back into same rhythm.

So, off to Reading with instructor, lovely genuine sellers who really cared about where he was going & what would I do with him. Sailed through vetting and came home 2 weeks ago today. So lucky to find him amongst all the damaged & lunatic horses out there. Spooky - I lost my dear NF gelding exactly 1 year ago today - and he lived & loved to go jumping. Coincidence??

Thanks for reading the waffle - its so good to have something to look forward too again. Any other Cremello fans most welcome:D:D

creamsoda

Visit site
My daughters last pony was a Cremello. She was the kindest most bombproof pony we've owned. We brought her when she was 4 and people were concerned that she was so young, but they all came round when they met her. Sadly sold her 2 years ago but we still miss her like mad. Good luck with your new horse.

Orthe's Daystars

Visit site
So far everything I have heard about Cremellos is what wonderful temperaments they have, regardless of breed. And so far my new boy has lived up to this - Mr Chilled out doesn't begin to describe him.:D

Down side is the need to cover his pink bits with UV masks/rugs but I can live with that - vet who updated his jabs warned us about possible tumours of the third eyelid so I shall be staring into those baby blue eyes to check them out frequently.

Thanks again - anybody else own or have owned?:)

Ashgrove

www.facebook.com
I had a Welsh X Arab cremello called Polly over 20 years ago.

She's was fabulous, I've never known a more laid back horse on the road, nothing phased her at all. She was always keen but always stoppable.

If we manage to get a summer this year, watch out for sun burnt noses.

indie999

Visit site
Not a true one but yes I agree pink bits need covering ie sun block(which he hated). Good luck sounds like you have found a true friend

Orthe's Daystars

Visit site
Thanks for telling me about Polly, she sounds a real sweetie. I'm armed to the teeth with UV masks, rugs, waiting for a Ride on mask which should keep him comfortable out hacking/waiting at shows. He definitely doesn't think much of sunblock so I'm putting it on me instead!!:D

So far he's been very chilled wearing his UV mask - it is long enough to cover his pink muzzle completely! I'm also bringing him each day for a break from the flies & heat which he seems to appreciate.

Guess what? Its just started raining - so he can have a mask free day!!

Many thanks for kind comments - I think we were very lucky to find him so quickly and from such a genuine family:):)