Anyone else planning on building an ark?

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Is it just up here in the Lake District where it's rained constantly for about the last three weeks? Honestly if it puts down much more water the horses are going to need flippers! I know it's called the Lake District for a reason, but right now I really really want to move down South! It's actually rained most of summer as well.
We've gone from 24hr turnout about 3 weeks ago to either none, or an hour here and there while mucking out. Tonight it was so heavy on the way back from the yard, that I had to stop the car because I couldn't see the road for the river flowing down it. Even the school which very very rarely floods has a lake at one end of it.
The fords which we normally hack through are raging torrents, and my TB who normally wants to go out in the field at any opportunity is taking one look outside at the moment and almost reversing back into her stable.
Please someone tell me it's going to stop sometime soon!!

Fii

Visit site
It hasnt been to bad here, wet but not overly for a few weeks, but tonight its blowing a gale and p-issing down!!

Ladyinred

Visit site
Don't bother moving south atm. My car died because of the sheer volume of water last week.. blew all the electrics and sent it into crazy mode.

As to an ark.. I have a kayak in the back garden but the cats are already fighting over it!!

dominobrown

Visit site
In the same county, and the same boat! We have had the worst weather in the UK. Don't talk to any of these southerners- it will just depress you! :D

Did you have a huge thunderstorm yesterday? I was out on the horse and it went as black as night then there was a massive hail storm. You could see it coming right of the sea, and I was on exposed road so there was nothing between me and the sea :(
It feels like an early winter too :(

Holly Hocks

Visit site
It hasnt been to bad here, wet but not overly for a few weeks, but tonight its blowing a gale and p-issing down!!

My parents live in Dorset - we were down there at the beginning of September. Weather was so much better than up here. It's always better whenever we go down there - an always a few degrees warmer as well!

Holly Hocks

Visit site
In the same county, and the same boat! We have had the worst weather in the UK. Don't talk to any of these southerners- it will just depress you! :D

Did you have a huge thunderstorm yesterday? I was out on the horse and it went as black as night then there was a massive hail storm. You could see it coming right of the sea, and I was on exposed road so there was nothing between me and the sea :(
It feels like an early winter too :(

No, no thunderstorm here, but I'm down in South Cumbria. Honestly I don't think I've ever seen rain like I did earlier this evening. Won't be able to turn out tomorrow as the fields will be just lakes...I just hope this isn't setting the tone for winter! We'll probably have snow in the next few weeks just to add to it all......

Fii

Visit site
My parents live in Dorset - we were down there at the beginning of September. Weather was so much better than up here. It's always better whenever we go down there - an always a few degrees warmer as well!

Where abouts in Dorset? My advise? Visit for longer! :D

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Where abouts in Dorset? My advise? Visit for longer! :D

Just outside Christchurch in Highcliffe. We are hoping to move there eventually, but I need to get a job there first...I've found just over the border in Hampshire that I'm thinking of applying for....

Ladyinred

Visit site
Hi sorry to say but down in Sussex it's not to bad we've had a bit of rain but ponies still out 24/7 and not to much mud also very mild SORRY :D

We are not all that far from you in Kent and have had torrential rain every day for the last week bar one!! The mud is increasing like some giant alien creature and mine have had to come in at night to save the land.

Please, have some of our rain :D

Holly Hocks

Visit site
We are not all that far from you in Kent and have had torrential rain every day for the last week bar one!! The mud is increasing like some giant alien creature and mine have had to come in at night to save the land.

Please, have some of our rain :D

Yeah you send some from Kent and I'll send some from Cumbria and she can have double the deluge!!

Fii

Visit site
Just outside Christchurch in Highcliffe. We are hoping to move there eventually, but I need to get a job there first...I've found just over the border in Hampshire that I'm thinking of applying for....

I am about five miles from Wareham, a bit more rural, but is lovely here and the riding is great, hills, forest and beaches!!

I hate to sound smug (cos it may all change weather wise) but at the moment we are only using a third of our field because there is to much grass, and all ours are out 24/7- 365 (baring having to keep at the yard for illness etc!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
We're drowned rats here in the pennines too. I am sick to death of being wet! I've given up - I brought the horses in at night last week, for what I thought would be a night or two, and they're still there. I've given up and gone onto the winter routine, when I usually have them out at night for another month. The fields are soaked - they've had to go onto the winter hardstanding for the last few days as shoes were sucking off their feet!! The fire is lit, the heating has been on. So not funny. I haven't even creosoted the stables yet for winter!!