anyone else still having trouble with equine 1st

loopylucifer

Visit site
It has been quite well documented the problems with ED and equine 1st. I have had nothing but problems with them. one claim took over 14 months to get them to finish paying and the next claim was made 10months ago and nothing! When the second claim was made kept being told it was going though and there were no problems but when 6 months down the line recived nothing pushed harder to be told the claim was to be investigated. my vets have given them all the information they have wanted and still state the claims are not related, but since they have giventhem this info 6wks ago nothing. I keep phoning them and get told someone will phone me or email me they never do. The person i need to speak to is always away/in a meeting or on the phone!!!
Is anyone else still having issues with them? and anytips as what else I can do

scottylass

New User
Visit site
It has been quite well documented the problems with ED and equine 1st. I have had nothing but problems with them. one claim took over 14 months to get them to finish paying and the next claim was made 10months ago and nothing! When the second claim was made kept being told it was going though and there were no problems but when 6 months down the line recived nothing pushed harder to be told the claim was to be investigated. my vets have given them all the information they have wanted and still state the claims are not related, but since they have giventhem this info 6wks ago nothing. I keep phoning them and get told someone will phone me or email me they never do. The person i need to speak to is always away/in a meeting or on the phone!!!
Is anyone else still having issues with them? and anytips as what else I can do

Hi,
If your having trouble with your insurance company, tell them you are taking this further and will be going to the ombusman that should get them moving. We have done that with a insurance company and funny enough they listen lol.

Scottylass

Black_Horse_White

Visit site
Thats not good, I have 3 claims in with the NFU. 2 of which have been out sourced to Equine 1st. I've also paid the vet and awaiting the money back. if I have to wait as long as you I'm going to be charging interest.

loopylucifer

Visit site
after 10 months they have rejected the claim. and was very devensive when I started ask questions to the point of being rude. Basically said to go back to my isurers and take it up with them (they no longer exsist so its the underwritters for which I have no contact detsils) but basically said there was little ponit as that was the outcome.
Good luck with having any dealings with them i really hope they are much more effictent and help than they ahve been with me for the last 18months. What are the reasons for NFU using them i find this a little worring as at work we use them? And i was really hoping to never have anything to do with them eva again!

Black_Horse_White

Visit site
They say that they are sending new claims to them, and the NFU are dealing with the older ones. Saying that I have just received a cheque off NFU today, The claim went in the end of May. So they are not much better. They used to be excellent I'm not impressed with them now. It's bad enough having a sick horse without the added stress of chasing insurance companies.

loopylucifer

Visit site
that is really not what i needed to hear as we have just put a claim in this week. (might explain why we haven't yet recived the claim form! oh the joys they will be really fed up with me!! I really hope they will pull thier finger out then as they have been nothing but trouble for me I really hope they get it together.

Black_Horse_White

Visit site
Ring up again tomorrow or monday. I only rang about 3 weeks ago, and they don't send forms out anymore. They ask you all the details over the phone, then email you vet for details. The reason they gave was that it makes it quicker as vets were complaining they had to wait to long for there money.

loopylucifer

Visit site
intersting, maybe our new claim is not with them then as they said we are sending the forms out to you if dont get them by tues will call tues (no point calling on a sat they are not there) thanks for that. im not suprised vets were complaining of waiting to long.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I have two claims through NFU that have been passed to 1st Direct. To say I am not impressed is an understatement. My claim from the end of May has still not been agreed. I phoned NFU and asked them to take it back w(which they must do if you ask) but was told if they did I would be waiting even longer as they have an enormous backlog.

Have always been a huge NFU fan but will be taking my business elsewhere if this continues :(