Anyone else struggling to get back into it after the snow break?

skewby

Visit site
First time I could get out after the snow went, I didn't even groom (SO unlike me), I was that keen to get on.

But lately I've been a bit, meh. My lad had a really close clip and now I struggle to get the mud off, and I don't know what's wrong with me but I seem to have lost my motivation.

Is it just me? Have I got winter blues or what? Someone kick me up the backside and tell me to get on with it. Horse is charging round the field like a loon, BEGGING to be exercised and I am being rubbish!!!
frown.gif

Achinghips

Visit site
Not just you. It's bloody cold out there and with cold hands, feet, thighs and face, mud and throw in some pmt, not easy!!

Chex

Visit site
Yeah, me too. I've still not ridden, the snow was a handy excuse for 6 weeks but finally melted and just can't be bothered doing anything.

nicolaread

Visit site
Nope, not just u. Ive lost my mojo too!! mine is a combination of snow, the cold, winter blues + the fact 1 of my horses keeps going lame
frown.gif
Roll on summer, warmth and sunshine!!

Cop-Pop

Visit site
Me too
frown.gif
Doesnt help that there are two bird scarers next to the yard so every 10 mins it sounds like we're being invaded then a load of birds fly into the yard - have got horse used to bangs just not being dived bombed by an assortment of birds
crazy.gif
I have real problems over the winter anyway tho - makes me feel all depressed
frown.gif

Gorgeous George

Visit site
You are not alone, I had managed to enter 3 shows as I actually had someone to take me and then 2 were cancelled because of the snow and the last was cancelled due to lack of entries and it turned out to be a glorious day. George seems to have forgotten how to do his 'dressage' canter and we seem to have taken 20 steps back from where we were before the snow. I have also had a stinking cold, and George has had a cold as well - so sounds like I need a kick up the bum too!!

cblover

Visit site
I know just how you feel! I've ridden today for the first time this year. Life just seems to be getting in the way!
wink.gif

The sun is shinning today though and I really enjoyed my hack. Kinzzy was great (as usual) and hopefully I'll get out tomorrow too!

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Roll on spring!! I did manage to hack out last weekend, first time since Boxing Day and am hoping to ride tomorrow too, we shall see. At the moment it's either too cold, too icy, too sunny (believe it or not, we have a bit of an issue with low sun and visibility outside our yard) or too damn wet. Both Che and I are fair weather types Im afraid so we are both miserable this time of year. I do spend quite a lot of time just grooming and messing about at the yard which is fine by me, I am too old to bother forcing myself to ride in all weathers
frown.gif
We also seem to have acquired some bird scarers over the last couple of weeks. They are the ones that look like mad heads on sticks which spin round in the wind, truly demonic looking, I assume the gun bit is hidden in the hedge somewhere!

m3gan

Visit site
Yeah, I feel the same, it is really cold here and I am suffering from jet lag and can't get my usual enthusiasm back, hopefully it will come back!
confused.gif

Pedantic

Visit site
Yea, been difficult, between work and weather, the snow rain mud it has been hard getting back to it, only really got back into it last weekend, manged about 5hours ish in the saddle, rode yesterday and today, moved daughters horse to new yard this morning and then we had a short ride, so hoping to be on the up now.

katherine1975

Visit site
Hey, don't worry. I've been the same. Farrier coming on wednesday for 6 weekly visit and today is the first time me and OH have ridden since his last visit! You'll soon get back into it when it gets warmer and the days get longer, definitely winter blues.

Vixxy

Visit site
The 70cm of snow that has been down for 2 months melted in the rain Yaaaay I thought, then last night another 50 cm of fresh snow fell :-( Huge pout!

I have decided to give my boy the rest of the winter off and concentrate on the farm sale. Grooming and fussing is all my Ols is interested in anyway lol. When the snow finally goes we will both start on the road to getting back into shape ;-)

Pedantic

Visit site
I dont really want the summer, all it brings is more morons out of the woodwork, more litter more sunday drivers more illegal trail bikers more fair weather walkers and cyclists who seem to think they now own everywhere after hiding away all winter, at least winter keeps "some" of it down, now Cyclamax want to build a bloody toxic/hazardous waste incinerator right near us and right next to where we ride, yes on the wonderful Commercial park that is to have "car showrooms", just when I thought it couldn't get any worse with all the traffic chaos caused by all this upheaval, so I am not in any hurry for summer.

Barleyboo

Visit site
Well I feel a bit better knowing it's not just me. I haven't ridden yet this year either, it's just too much effort. We are knee-deep in mud and it's always either pouring with rain or freezing cold.