Anyone else's horse do this?

Mrs B

Visit site
I'm damned sure at the moment that mine waits until I have lessons/jaunts/nice hacks planned, then has a careful look at 'Veterinary Notes for Human Owners' and picks something new which ensures a few more days off...

(plus a vet bill for Mum) :(

wellsat

Visit site
Yes, Gerry has been off since Feb with a suspensory injury, he's now technically fine again and we had our first dressage planned for the 6th August so he's started being a nob again. He's clearly in some kind of pain but goodness knows what :(

See my post :(

Elsbells

Visit site
Maddening isn't it!?

A few months ago, my mare limped out of the yard gate but as soon as I said I'd better go back to my friend, turned her and headed back, it vanished!? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm strange.
Needless to say, we caught up with the hack and the limp has never returned????

Pancakes

Visit site
mine has a habit of pulling shoes off a day before comps, clincs etc. Needless to say he lives in overreach boots and i have my very nice farrier on speed dial :D :D

Ginger Bear

Visit site
Haha..well my boy is in dressage lessons & every so often when we were introducing something new that was a bit more hard work for him he would throw in a very odd trot where he looked sort of unsound but not lame.. he'd be all over the place so a few times I stopped, trotted him up, free schooled him & nothing wrong.. once he'd figured he couldn't get out of it & I stopped letting him get out of it he stopped doing it!! funny things!!